Several questions about using iMOTION

Announcements

From sunburn to sun earn – we’ve got the power! Watch our #poweringgreen videos now.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User16004
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked
The following questions are asked:

First, after the program is written to the development board, how to operate the motor without opening the software can be achieved.

The value I entered in TargetSpeed, how to download it to the core, and how can I run the electricity without turning on MCEdesigner, and achieve the performance set in MCE designer. (There is a cap of 32767 for TargetSpeed, what can I do if I still improve the speed?

Two, how to view the program's C language code.

Three, the circuit diagrams of the two development boards can be downloaded.

Four, about MATLAB simulation whether there is any information, I want to do some simulation.

Five, in addition to programming with imotion, MCK099 chips can also be programmed to write.

Sixth, if my motor winding is triangular connection, is the resistance, inductance and KE measured first according to Y connection?

Thank you. May I ask the Engineer for help?
0 Likes
1 Reply
User13282
Level 3
Level 3
25 replies posted 10 replies posted 5 replies posted
First: The IRMCK099 combines the iMOTION™ motor control engine (MCE) with all peripherals required to realize a complete variable speed drive (for permanent magnet motors).
The steps to develop a motor control are MCE(Tiny)Wizard -> MCEDesigner -> MCEProgrammer.
Once you have developped the MCE for one or more (up to 31 Motors) motor characteristics you will do the one time programming (OTP) of the device. You will develop things like ramp up, speed, and ramp down of the motor, Start, Stop etc. either as standalone, configuration or with human interface using for instance the GPIOs. You will check the result by programming the SRAM of the device with the help of MCETOOLV2 (start MCEProgrammer). When finished you can program to OTP. Using the internal SRAM allows an unlimited number of development cycles, while the MCEProgrammer is used to write the firmware and final parameter set into the OTP memory.

Two: For devices having only a Motor Control Engine, without microcontroller, there is only a download firmware binary. No software source code available. Motor parameter sets are downloaded to device as well as mentioned in "First".

Three: Download the installer file from the TAB Tools&Software via the EvalBoards webpage. After installation you will find the circuit diagram in the folder ../documents/iMotion//hardware.Four: See your thread

Four: Answered in your thread here.

Five: ??.

Sixth: When measuring the winding resistance between two phase terminals devide the result by two to get the per phase resistance value for both Y or delta connected motors. Measuring the winding inductance you will always read twice the per phase inductance. See TinyWizard(MCEWizard) Questions about the Motor Parameters.
0 Likes