SDMMC app upgrade issues (4.0.22 -> 4.3.22

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User12943
Level 1
Level 1
Hi,
I have an XMC 1404 connected to a SD card via the SPI bus.

I'm using the standard FATFS App with the default main and configurations as described in the FATFS help documentation.

I've upgraded the SDMMC_BLOCK app from version "4.0.22" to version "4.3.22" and the code no longer compiles.

the lines:
#if (UC_SERIES != XMC45)
XMC_SDMMC_SetWriteProtectionSource(XMC_SDMMC, XMC_SDMMC_WP_SOURCE_SW);
XMC_SDMMC_SetWriteProtectionStatus(XMC_SDMMC, XMC_SDMMC_WP_STATUS_NO_WRITE_PROTECTION);
#endif

have been adde to "sdmmc_block_conf.c".

If I remove them then the code compiles as normal, however each time I generate the code they get added back in again.
What am I doing wrong?

Cheers,
Nick
0 Likes
2 Replies
jferreira
Employee
Employee
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins First like received
Hi,

The code you mentioned should not be generated for XMC1 family.
It is a bug in the SDMMC_BLOCK APP v.4.0.24.

Use the attached fixed version. To install it:
1. Download and unzip the update site.
2. Use menu Help>Install DAVE APP/Example/Device Libray...
3. Click on Add.. and then in Local button
4. Browse to the folder where you unzip the update site. Select the folder containing the update site. Click Ok
3312.attach
5. Select the SDMMC_BLOCK APP. Click Next
3313.attach
6. Step through the rest of the dialogs, and after a restart the new version of the SDMMC_BLOCK will be available.
7. You should be able to upgrade your project. Select to upgrade including beta versions
3314.attach

Hope this helps until the release of new version of the APP.
Otherwise, are you using the LED/write protection? If not please deselect them. It will also fix the issue.

Regards,
Jesus
0 Likes
User12943
Level 1
Level 1
Thanks for that Jesus, I have removed the LED signal and it works perfectly. I might need to reinable it at some point in the future but by then a new version of the app will be released. I couldn't actually see your attached version of the APP. Thanks,
Nick
0 Likes