POSIF DAVE App

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User11637
Level 2
Level 2
I read in the forum that among the various apps of Dave is not present to configure the POSIF device.
Why??
Of course it is configurable using XMC_Lib, but it is certainly more convenient to use Dave App.
Also if I make a configuration of all my devices using Dave App, then I can also create a report, print the graphic configuration (very nice). Too bad that it is not possible to do this even for POSIF.
Why is there this lack? POSIF is an important device in motor control, why did you make this choice?

Regards
Andrea
0 Likes
7 Replies
User11637
Level 2
Level 2
No Infineon employee wants to answer my question?

Andrea
0 Likes
User15538
Level 1
Level 1
I'm also interested in this question

Carlos
0 Likes
User9076
Level 1
Level 1
Me too

Markus
0 Likes
User11637
Level 2
Level 2
Why if I go to "Help -> Uninstall DAVE APP " I see an app called "GLOBAL_POSIF (4.0.14)" in the APP list:
3399.attach
but then I do not find it in the list of app selectable in Dave?
3400.attach

Andrea
0 Likes
User11637
Level 2
Level 2
It's nice to have this excellent assistance from Infineon! 😄
For months this thread is open and none of Infineon has deigned to answer.....

Andrea
0 Likes
jferreira
Employee
Employee
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins First like received
Hi,

We noted your request. There will be a POSIF APP in the future but at the moment you will need to rely on the XMCLib for the configuration.
See https://www.infineonforums.com/threads/6337-XMC4700-POSIF-Hall-Pattern-Update-Problem for an example usage and the application note https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-POSIF-XMC1000_XMC4000-AP32289-AN-v01_00-EN.pdf?fileId=5546d46...

Regards,
Jesus
0 Likes
User11637
Level 2
Level 2
jferreira wrote:
There will be a POSIF APP in the future but at the moment you will need to rely on the XMCLib for the configuration

Ok, but I would like to know why in the list of UNINSTALL APP there is a POSIF that I can uninstall? See my post #5.

Regards
Andrea
0 Likes