Install DAVE™ IDE for XMC™ microcontrollers

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
jferreira
Employee
Employee
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins First like received
Install DAVE™ IDE for XMC™ microcontrollers

1. Browse to DAVE™ software download
2. Register and select the DAVE™ package you would like to download depending on your operating system.
3. Unpack the downloaded file. The downloaded file includes various documentation files and a zip file which the DAVE4 distribution, i.e. DAVE-IDE-4.4.2-64Bit.zip. To install DAVE™, all you do is unpacking the DAVE-IDE-4.4.2-64Bit.zip file to a location of your choice (i.e. c:\DAVE4).
Note
For Windows, a number of problems have been reported when people try to use Windows Explorer to unzip the zip file. Please use a third-party unzip program, such as 7-Zip

4. To simplify starting DAVE4 in the future, create a shortcut on your desktop to the DAVE.exe file in the eclipse folder.
5. Download and install the J-Link Software and Documentation pack for Windows.
6. Start DAVE™ by double clicking the shortcut to Eclipse that you just created above.
The following splash screen will appear
3250.attach
and then an Eclipse Launcher pop-up window will appear.
3251.attach
Click OK.

More information about DAVE™ can be found in the Quick Start Guide
0 Likes
8 Replies
jferreira
Employee
Employee
Hi,

In the past there have been complains about DAVE4 compilation performance issues in Windows 10.
The issue is not exclusive of DAVE4, it affects other programs monitored by Windows Defender.
A nice overview about the issue is found at https://ardalis.com/speed-up-visual-studio-build-times

Regards,
Jesus
0 Likes
jferreira
Employee
Employee
Hi,

It is always recommended to keep updated the JLink software.
After installation of a new JLink software package, check and update the Segger JLink preferences in DAVE4.
3568.attach

Happy debugging,
Jesus
0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
User17048
Level 2
Level 2
First like received
Hi there,
I have unzipped dave 4.4.2 in C drive. But dave isnot opening. It is giving error. please see the log file.
0 Likes
User17048
Level 2
Level 2
First like received
I solved it got answer in eclipse forum . please paste
-Dequinox.ds.block_timeout=60000
in deve configuration settings
0 Likes
User17960
Level 1
Level 1
Hello every one
I am new for the DAVE and succesfully installed DAVE-4.4.2 but when I select file->new->daveproject it pop up DAVE project.
After I gave the project name and selected the DAVE CE Project, I clicked the next button but it happens nothing,
that means i cannt able to creat any dave project, could you help me?
thanks in advance.
0 Likes
User17954
Level 1
Level 1
Hello,

I have similar issues, I tried reinstallation, be sure that unzipping of downloaded file is ok and install it in C:/FolderName, in my case that worked.
0 Likes
User15412
Level 1
Level 1
i have similiar issues

Kontraktor Pameran Medan
0 Likes
jferreira
Employee
Employee
Hello,

When installing in C:/FolderName, remember to start DAVE4 as administrator in case performing an update.

Regards,
Jesus
0 Likes