infineon4engi@twitter twitter

infineon@youtube youtube

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Gate driver IC FAQ

Infineon Employee
    Infineon Employee
    circlejhx is on a distinguished road

How to adjust the Desaturation protection level?

The internal detection level is 9 V, but the triggering level can be set to a lower voltage by increasing the series resistor since we have an integrated current source on chip for DESAT function.
    The views expressed here are my personal opinions, have not been reviewed or authorized by Infineon and do not necessarily represent the views of Infineon.

Infineon Employee
    Infineon Employee

What are the benefits comparing EiceDRIVER™ Coreless Transformer with Optocoupler

• No performance degradation or aging over life time
    • Higher temperature range Tjmax=150°C
    • Low propagation delay enables faster switching capability
    • Low range of temperature drift
    The views expressed here are my personal opinions, have not been reviewed or authorized by Infineon and do not necessarily represent the views of Infineon.

Infineon Employee
    Infineon Employee

How can 1ED-F2/B2/BT achieve Active Miller Clamp?

The Active Miller Clamp function is fully integrated into our 1ED family driver IC. There is a dedicated clamping pin named “CLAMP”, the gate of the power device just needs to be directly connected to this pin without any resistor in between.
    The sinking capability for this Active Miller Clamp is 2 A. In case an external booster is needed at driver IC output stage to drive heavy load (>2 A), a parallel sinking path for the Active Miller Clamp needs to be added to guarantee this function.
    For the more detailed information, please refer to the application note Application Note 1ED family: Technical description from Infineon website.

Infineon Employee
    Infineon Employee

What are the main benefits when 1ED020I12-F2 used in solar application?

Using the coreless transformer technology, there is no aging issue, so it can support PV inverters and last for more than 25 years.
    Lower conduction loss due to Rail-to-Rail output
    Reduce PCB sizes by integrating features and external components.

Infineon Employee
    Infineon Employee

What IGBT size can 1ED020I12-F2 drive?

• Direct drive up to 75 A IGBT (100°C, <15 kHz)
    • Indirect drive up to 1400 A IGBT with push-pull circuit

Infineon Employee
    Infineon Employee

Is a driver capable of driving a MOSFET/ IGBT?

In the application, the calculated max. output current from the driver IC should be smaller than the max. spec value according to datasheet (e.g. 2.4A for 1ED-F2).

Infineon Employee
    Infineon Employee

Can it be used in an Emitter-Follower boost circuit to amplify output capability?

The base current should be lower than max. spec of driver IC, but higher than Iout/Hfe. Iout/Hfe < Ibase < IdriverIC_max

Infineon Employee
    Infineon Employee

What is the meaning of VUVLOL2 from under voltage lockout?

This value defines when the driver will be turned off when the output chip supply voltage (VCC2) decreases.

Infineon Employee
    Infineon Employee

Fault Pin: Fault pin only reports the de-saturation error, but is there any other

RDY pin will report UVLO status.

Infineon Employee
    Infineon Employee

What will be the chip output behavior after UVLO recovery?

For coreless transformer technology based driver IC (1ED-F2/FT/B2/B2 and 1ED-Compact), the output is level (input signal) related, which means after UVLO recovery (e.g. VCC come back to 15V), the output will turn on with next refresh signal when the input signal is high.
    For level shifter technology based driver IC (2EDL, 6EDL), the low side output is also level related, but the high side output is edge related, which means the high side will turn on with the next turn on signal (which means a rising or falling edge transition) from input.

+ Reply to Thread
Disclaimer

All content and materials on this site are provided “as is“. Infineon makes no warranties or representations with regard to this content and these materials of any kind, whether express or implied, including without limitation, warranties or representations of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement of any third party intellectual property right. No license, whether express or implied, is granted by Infineon. Use of the information on this site may require a license from a third party, or a license from Infineon.

Infineon accepts no liability for the content and materials on this site being accurate, complete or up- to-date or for the contents of external links. Infineon distances itself expressly from the contents of the linked pages, over the structure of which Infineon has no control.

Content on this site may contain or be subject to specific guidelines or limitations on use. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Usage Terms of the site; third parties using this content agree to abide by any limitations or guidelines and to comply with the Usage Terms of this site. Infineon reserves the right to make corrections, deletions, modifications, enhancements, improvements and other changes to the content and materials, its products, programs and services at any time or to move or discontinue any content, products, programs, or services without notice.