Groovy object not found after import from Git-Repository

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User15934
Level 1
Level 1
Hello,

a colleague shared a project via a git repository (Dave 4.3.2).
When I'm trying to import it into Dave, I recognize two things:
1. the Project has switched its configuration from "Debug" to "Release", while my colleque pushed it with an active "Debug" configuration. (Its not really a problem, but unexpected)
2. When I'm trying to compile the project, all Dave-Apps seem to be unrecognized and the compiler throws many error messages "Groovy object not found...". I have absolutely no clue how to solve this!
3296.attach

Can somebody give me a hint how to fix this problem or what causes it?

Thanks,
Michael
0 Likes
5 Replies
jferreira
Employee
Employee
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins First like received
Hi,

Can you check the existence of the file /DAVE/Model/projectData.bin?

Regards,
Jesus
0 Likes
User15934
Level 1
Level 1
Hello,

the projectData.bin exists. My colleague and me compared his and my version of this file. Mine has only a size of 2kb while his has 1,5Mb.
I tried to override my file with his version (send to me over another way) and the project compiled successfully without errors.
So this was the error cause! Thank you!

Now is the question, why his git does not pull this file to the repository?
0 Likes
User15934
Level 1
Level 1
Hello,

we found the solution! It seems that the file was inadvertently added to the ignore-list of git.
We removed it manually by opening the /DAVE/Model/.gitignore file with the editor and delete the listed "projectData.bin" from this file.

Best regads,
Michael
0 Likes
User15355
Level 1
Level 1
Hello,

I still face the same problem with Git even if the projectData.bin and .dep and .app files are also part of the Git commit. The Groovy object not found error still persists.
Are there any other options to check? By the way I think using Git should work out of the box for the IDE even if it is free.
Can anyone please help.

Best regards
0 Likes
User15355
Level 1
Level 1
andreash wrote:
Hello,

I still face the same problem with Git even if the projectData.bin and .dep and .app files are also part of the Git commit. The Groovy object not found error still persists.
Are there any other options to check? By the way I think using Git should work out of the box for the IDE even if it is free.
Can anyone please help.

Best regards

I could resolve the issue using a tool named "Directory Compare", which I used to compare a checkout from GIT which showed the problem and a working local copy which was pushed to git. It turned out that several folders and .app files
were missing in the Dave directory. The Dave/Model/APPS/* directory was affected. I can recommend this tool to investigate this sort of issue.
0 Likes