Extract I / Q data and calculate range from raw data of Distance2Go

Announcements

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
jach_1279971
Level 3
Level 3
25 replies posted 10 replies posted 5 replies posted
By using the extract_raw_data.c of ComLib_C_Interface provided by Infineon, frame_info->sample_data of received_frame_data() can be printed.

1. How to extract I and Q data from sample_data[]? Are sample_data[0-254] and sample_data[255-499] belonged to I and Q data respectively?
2. FFT of Python is used, how to calculate the range from I & Q data?
3. How to calculate the velocify?
0 Likes
1 Solution
Montassar-BR
Employee
Employee
50 likes received 5 questions asked 250 sign-ins
Hi,

The extract_raw_data.c example of the ComLib_C_Interface provided by Infineon within the D2G FW package is configured as follows:
interleaved_rx = 0, data_format = RADAR_RX_DATA_COMPLEX (please refer to frame_info->interleaved_rx, and frame_info->data_format)
The radar data of multiple RX antennas (1 for D2G) is stored in consecutive data blocks, where each block holds data of one antenna. Thus, the first 2 x 256 samples received are I1, Q1

The index calculation of a certain data sample captured from a certain RX antenna depends on the data interleaving and on real/complex data format.
For the extract_raw_data.c example default frame format configuration, the following code demonstrates how to access a data sample.
data_value_real = frame_start [(2 * ANTENNA_NUMBER ) * num_samples_per_chirp + SAMPLE_NUMBER];
data_value_imag = frame_start [(2 * ANTENNA_NUMBER + 1) * num_samples_per_chirp + SAMPLE_NUMBER];

Best Regards,
Montassar

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
jach_1279971
Level 3
Level 3
25 replies posted 10 replies posted 5 replies posted
jackiechau wrote:
By using the extract_raw_data.c of ComLib_C_Interface provided by Infineon, frame_info->sample_data of received_frame_data() can be printed.

1. How to extract I and Q data from sample_data[]? Are sample_data[0-254] and sample_data[255-499] belonged to I and Q data respectively?
2. FFT of Python is used, how to calculate the range from I & Q data?
3. How to calculate the velocify?

Can anyone help?
0 Likes
User15583
Level 3
Level 3
First solution authored 10 replies posted 5 replies posted
I am not using the C interface but by looking at the sizes it would mean you have 255 I (0-254) and 245 Q (255-499) data which doesn't look correct.
In the config.h (DAVE) it says 250 is the maximum value for data size, so it should be 250 I and 250 Q or 125 I and 125 Q, not sure which one. Probably 125 each?
0 Likes
Montassar-BR
Employee
Employee
50 likes received 5 questions asked 250 sign-ins
Hi,

The extract_raw_data.c example of the ComLib_C_Interface provided by Infineon within the D2G FW package is configured as follows:
interleaved_rx = 0, data_format = RADAR_RX_DATA_COMPLEX (please refer to frame_info->interleaved_rx, and frame_info->data_format)
The radar data of multiple RX antennas (1 for D2G) is stored in consecutive data blocks, where each block holds data of one antenna. Thus, the first 2 x 256 samples received are I1, Q1

The index calculation of a certain data sample captured from a certain RX antenna depends on the data interleaving and on real/complex data format.
For the extract_raw_data.c example default frame format configuration, the following code demonstrates how to access a data sample.
data_value_real = frame_start [(2 * ANTENNA_NUMBER ) * num_samples_per_chirp + SAMPLE_NUMBER];
data_value_imag = frame_start [(2 * ANTENNA_NUMBER + 1) * num_samples_per_chirp + SAMPLE_NUMBER];

Best Regards,
Montassar
0 Likes