infineon4engineers Facebook

infineon@google+ Google+

infineon@linkedin linkedin

infineon4engi@twitter twitter

infineon@youtube youtube

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Difference between MCE+MCU and only MCE in iMOTION technologies.

Beginner Beginner kkhunte is on a distinguished road

Difference between MCE+MCU and only MCE in iMOTION technologies.

Hello, people.
    I have been puzzeled in between IRMCK099M and IRMCF143 IC's from iMOTION technologies. I want to design a controller circuit ofr induction motor and I was reading about this two IC's.
    It has been specified in both of data sheets that one is consist of only MCE and late with MCE and MCU. I am not understanding what difference does they contribute and exactly how do we use this
    for our purpose to control the motor.

I am newbiw here, so please correct if I am worng anywhere in above and all your suggestion and answer are most welcome!

Beginner Beginner
    Infineon Employee
    Infineon Employee
    benifx is on a distinguished road
    Let us have a quick look into the description paragraphs of their data sheets to see the difference.
    IRMCK099M: IRMCK099 is a low cost, high performance OTP memory based motion control ASIC designed primarily for appliance applications. IRMCK099 is designed to implement high performance control solutions for advanced inverterized appliance motor control. IRMCK099 contains the flexible Tiny Motion Control Engine (TinyMCE) for sensorless control of permanent magnet motors over the full speed range. The TinyMCE implements sensorless Field Oriented Control using single or leg shunt current feedback by a combination of hardware and IR-supplied firmware elements. Key components of the complex sensorless control algorithms, such as the Angle Estimator, are provided as complete pre-defined control blocks. The ASIC is designed to eliminate external components and reduce cost by including an A/D converter, analog amplifiers, an overcurrent comparator, watchdog timer and internal oscillator. Strong startup and configuration tools get the motor running quickly without any programming.
    IRMCF143: IRMCF143 is a high performance Flash based motion control IC designed primarily for position servo applications based on an incremental encoder. IRMCF143 is designed to achieve low cost yet high performance control solutions for advanced inverterized servo motor control. IRMCF143 contains two computation engines. One is the Flexible Motion Control Engine (MCE(TM)) for sinusoidal Field Oriented Control (FOC) of servo motors; the other is an 8-bit high-speed microcontroller (8051). Both computation engines are integrated into one monolithic chip. The MCE(TM) contains a collection of control elements implemented in a dedicated computation engine such as Proportional plus Integral, Vector rotator, Angle estimator, Multiply/Divide, and Low loss SVPWM. The user can program a motion control algorithm by connecting these control elements using a graphic compiler. A unique analog/digital circuit and algorithm to fully support two leg shunt current sensing is also provided. The 8051 microcontroller performs 2-cycle instruction execution (15MIPS at 30MHz 8051CLK). The MCE and 8051 microcontroller are connected via dual port RAM for signal monitoring and command input.

To suggest the right solution you will have to provide more information about your application and more about the induction motor specification (Wattage / Voltage / RPM).
    Application Info here. Did you try the solution finder?
    The views expressed here are my personal opinions, have not been reviewed or authorized by Infineon and do not necessarily represent the views of Infineon.

+ Reply to Thread