Infineon Distance2Go horizontal angle is always zero

Announcements

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User15583
Level 3
Level 3
First solution authored 10 replies posted 5 replies posted
Hey there,

I am working with the Infineon Distance2Go 24 GHz radar demo kit for ranging, movement and presence detection. I have a question about the horizontal angle which is 42° as mentioned in the application note AN543. That is 21° to both sides.
My problem is, the angle is always zero. Both in the Radar GUI (polar plot and target list) and in the MATLAB files for this board.
Is there something missing in the firmware for the board? I am using RADAR_D2G_FMCW and I also tried the Doppler version of this but is has the same problem. Is there someone who knows how I can fix that?

Here (https://www.infineonforums.com/threads/6134-Infineon-s-Distance2Go-Radar-compilation-issues?highligh...) I read about a new firmware version in this November. Will this be fixed then? Can you tell?

I appreciate your help!
0 Likes
1 Solution
User15583
Level 3
Level 3
OK I found an answer why, it is explained in algo_api.h:
* \brief This function is used to get the angle information in units of Degrees for the target_id passed as a first parameter.
* This function is currently not supported for Distance2Go board because it has single Rx antenna.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
User15583
Level 3
Level 3
OK I found an answer why, it is explained in algo_api.h:
* \brief This function is used to get the angle information in units of Degrees for the target_id passed as a first parameter.
* This function is currently not supported for Distance2Go board because it has single Rx antenna.
0 Likes