TLE987x bridge driver current limitation?

Announcements

Webinar: Integrated solutions for smaller, simpler low-voltage motor control design.
Join the webinar to experience!

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User15783
Level 1
Level 1
Hi All,
I use TLE987x to drive my motor, when the current up to 25A, it seems that the driver output current is not enough, and can't keep the rotation any more and stop.But I checked the registers, there is no OC error.
I'm not sure whether the driver output current is enough. How to solve this problem?
0 Likes
5 Replies
Lykaon
Employee
Employee
First like received
Hi Jacko,
what types of MOS-FETs are you using? The TLE987x has a maximum total charge driver capability of 100 nC. The IC is able to drive motors up 1kW. Maybe your power - supply has a voltage drop? Could you please send a scope plot of all supply voltages?
0 Likes
User15783
Level 1
Level 1
Lykaon wrote:
Hi Jacko,
what types of MOS-FETs are you using? The TLE987x has a maximum total charge driver capability of 100 nC. The IC is able to drive motors up 1kW. Maybe your power - supply has a voltage drop? Could you please send a scope plot of all supply voltages?

Hi Lykaon,
The QG(total) of MOSFETS is 145nC, QGS is 35.7nC, QGD is 48.2nC. The voltage not drop, I sure. My software is base on BLDC_BC_BEMF_EXAMPLE_TLE987X. The rotation speed can up to my setting speed when unloading. I use another board(not use TLE987x), the same power source, same MOSFETS, same voltage, it can up to 60A. In addition, the voltage is 13V.
0 Likes
Lykaon
Employee
Employee
First like received
Hi Jacko,
you can modify the Icharge and Idischarge settings, are you aware of this? Please increase the current and try again
0 Likes
Lykaon
Employee
Employee
First like received
...in addition please make a scope shot of your motor phase (SHx), this will help us to understand the behaviour.
0 Likes
User15783
Level 1
Level 1
Lykaon wrote:
...in addition please make a scope shot of your motor phase (SHx), this will help us to understand the behaviour.

Hi Lykaon,
I modified the Icharge and Idischarge settings, and increase them, but no effect.
I didn't catch the shot of SHx when problem occur, but before problem occur. Holp this can help you to analyze.
Anyway, it seems that the BEMF is not correct. Emo_StopMotor() had been executed.
case EMO_MOTOR_STATE_RUN:
{
if (Emo_Bemf.timeoutcounter > (3 * Emo_Bemf.difftimeout))
{
Emo_StopMotor();
}
} break;
Thanks!
3277.attach3278.attach
0 Likes