Infineon's Distance2Go Radar compilation issues

Announcements

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User15757
Level 1
Level 1
First like received 5 replies posted First question asked
Good afternoon,

I have installed DAVE and the necessary files to build projects using the 24Ghz Distance2Go radar (XMC 4200 Microcontroller).

Infineon provides data extraction libraries that we can run on Dave; however, when I compile the software, the build fails because apparently the COM.c files are undefined.

All the necessary files are indeed defined and imported, however, it seems that Infineon's own software is not able to detect the radar connected to the computer.

Has anyone been able to run Infineon's data extract library in Dave and would be willing to help?

Thanks.
0 Likes
7 Replies
murshadi
Employee
Employee
First like given Welcome! 5 replies posted
Hi,

If you got the DAVE projects from MyICP for Distance2Go, then these are all Firmware projects, used to configure the Distance2Go board and to get the raw ADC data and to be displayed on radar GUI. But if you are talking about the Host Communication library in C where raw ADC data example is provided, then that is not a DAVE project rather a C project at PC in Visual studio for example.

Can you name the DAVE project you are using for Distance2Go, e.g. is it Radar_D2G_FW or Radar_D2G_FMCW ..
0 Likes
User15757
Level 1
Level 1
Hello Murshadi,

You are completely correct -- My apologies, this would indeed by a C project. The DAVE projects, like the Radar_D2G_FMCW, are building and compiling correctly.

However, upon copying the code within the communication library, such as the extract_target_data, I am having compilation errors. (I attached an image) More specifically, the errors are that the COM methods are undefined ( it seems that the radar isn't being detected?). Basically, what I did was create a new dave project, copy the contents of extract_target_data.c in main.c, and then also copied all the necessary include files in src or inc folders. If I could get help running the extract_target_data.c file, that would help immensely.

Thank you very much.
0 Likes
User15757
Level 1
Level 1
^ Asides from this issue, is there a way to access the data in the radar GUI ? For example, after running the radar GUI, is there no way to export the distances vs FFT magnitudes? Currently, if I open the.fdd file, I just get FFT magnitudes but no distances.
Ideally, if we can get some software that allows us to document the data, that would be useful..
Much appreciated,

Zain Jafri
0 Likes
murshadi
Employee
Employee
Hi,

Yes there are ways to capture raw data and target data from Radar GUI.

From the settings menu, you can configure the recording settings. Here you can select the raw ADC data and Target Data and Spectrum as well. You can then playback this data in the radar GUI or used Matlab to extract this data as recording format is explained in the Radar GUI help under top right corner.

We are planning to release a new Firmware and Radar GUI update in November this year. Stay tuned, as this release will contain new Radar GUI features plus improved Distance2Go Firmware and algorithms.

BR,
Murshadi
0 Likes
murshadi
Employee
Employee
Sorry, I could not open your attach files
0 Likes
User15757
Level 1
Level 1
Good morning Murshadi,

Essentially I would like to have the data of all distances vs all FFT magnitudes. So here's what I have tried and the issues that come up:
1) I used Matlab with the libraries you guys have provided ; however, that does not give me FFT magnitudes of all distance ranges, but only all targets. Moreover, the raw data on the other hand,
is just complex numbers which seem to have no value in their raw state.
2) I created a dave project, copied the contents of main.c from the host communication library called extract_raw_data.c ; however, upon compilation, the errors say that the com_get_data or
anything to do with com is undefined. I have indeed copied all the include files, but the errors in compilation won't go away. (If for troubleshooting you need more information , please let me know !)
3) i exported spectrum data from the RADR GUI ; however, while that gives me all FFT magnitudes within a range (which is great!), the associated distances aren't present in the export.

Overall, I would like to get *all* distances vs *all* FFT magnitudes (exactly what the RADAR GUI shows) but in an processable format. For example, imagine one column that shows distances
within a range and another column with the associated FFT magnitudes

Again, I really appreciate your replies. I hope to hear from you guys soon.

Kind Regards,
Zain
0 Likes
User20817
Level 1
Level 1
I can't find extract_target_data.c in my communication library.
There is only exatract_raw_data.c.
I really need the file.
Could you please email the file to me?
camelchou@gmail.com Thanks.
0 Likes