PMSM FOC Positioning with Inc

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User14513
Level 1
Level 1
Hello,

we want to make a Motion-Controller with XMC4800 for PMSM. I have a problem with Motor-Control.

I'm working with the PMSM_FOC-APP which was modified for using Halls/Incremental Encoder. The Speedcontrol is working fine with Sensorless (3Phase Current measurement). I know how to implement Hall/Encoder with PLL_Estimator.RotorAngleQ31 before FOC_Controller_LIB().

Now the problem:
At the moment it is not possible to change the Rotor-Direction without Stopping the PMSM_FOC_MSM. But for Positioning it is essential to change direction of the field. Negative Torque-Values result in same motor-direction.

In the Last project we used a modified ACIM_FREQ_CTRL APP and direction-change was possible.(Without Park/Clark/PLLEstimator)

Is it possible to use the libPMSM_FOC_LIB.a for Positioning of the Motor or shut we go another way?
Are there any Examples (APPS or XMClib) for postioning with FOC?

The plan was to use Rotor-Prepositionin and activate Encoder,Positioncontrol,SpeedControl get values for build-in TorqueControl (Iq).
Is this possible?

I hope you can help me. The Controller (Position, Speed, Torque), Encoder, EtherCAT, USB, EtherNet, UART, SPI are working good, but only with one Motor-direction.

Thank you.
0 Likes
2 Replies
Eric1
Employee
Employee
Hello Chris,

The PMSM_FOC App follows the lean approach to reduce flash size and code execution.
This is why we are not focusing position control.

The PMSM_FOC-APP and the libPMSM_FOC_LIB are based on each other.
Therefore the Lib will not give you a benefit on position control.

I suggest to start with the APP or the LIB and adapt the code to your requirements.

Best Regards
Eric
0 Likes
User16274
Level 1
Level 1
Hi Eric,

Where I can find the PMSM_FOC App examples for XMC4800 chip?

thanks a lot.

Xiaogang

Eric wrote:
Hello Chris,

The PMSM_FOC App follows the lean approach to reduce flash size and code execution.
This is why we are not focusing position control.

The PMSM_FOC-APP and the libPMSM_FOC_LIB are based on each other.
Therefore the Lib will not give you a benefit on position control.

I suggest to start with the APP or the LIB and adapt the code to your requirements.

Best Regards
Eric
0 Likes