infineon@google+ Google+

infineon@linkedin linkedin

infineon4engi@twitter twitter

infineon@youtube youtube

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ping failure with RTOS in XMC4500 when power up

New Member New Member legend1996 is on a distinguished road

Ping failure with RTOS in XMC4500 when power up

Description:Recently,i have use Infineon's XMC4500 MCU to achieve Ethernet communication between thinkpad and self-designed board. Well, everything runs smoothly until my board suddenly power off (110V, 4A) .
    Confused but cuorious, i tried many way to failgure it out but in vain, like set the highest priority and change thread number and stack size etc.
    It just don't work, i can't ping through netwire when my board power up again !!!
    Firstly, if i power up from the new download code, which can ping through netwire, the Ethernet can't ping through unless i give a Reset signal Physically.
    Secondelly, when i used Ethernet without RTOS enabled, it just work well,and the connection is rebuild when i suddenly power off and then power up.
    However, if i enabled RTOS, things goes wrong, i have encounter a bug during this process!!!
    Apparently, Reset processes is included in power up processes (all reset the core domain), and for power up processes there is PAD domain and Debug&Trace System Reset.
    It seems that the Ethernet part failed to connect with my board never until i pull down the reset button or give a reset singnal.
    How can i initialize my program with a software RESET? And will it work?

I really don't know what is wrong during these processes, for me ,the core code is hard to analysis and i'm lack of tool to find out the problems.
    Hopefully, there is any one who can help me to figure out what's going on there.

Environment:WIN10 ,DAVE4.3.2 ,XMC4500 CPUClick image for larger version

Name:	LWIP_Set3.png
Views:	1
Size:	18.3 KB
ID:	3566Click image for larger version

Name:	LWIP_Set1.png
Views:	0
Size:	27.6 KB
ID:	3567Click image for larger version

Name:	LWIP_Set2.png
Size:	20.0 KB
ID:	3568Click image for larger version

Name:	LWIP_Set4.png
Size:	20.6 KB
ID:	3569Click image for larger version

Name:	LWIP_Set3.png
Views:	1
Size:	18.3 KB
ID:	3566Click image for larger version

Name:	LWIP_Set1.png
Size:	27.6 KB
ID:	3567Click image for larger version

Name:	LWIP_Set2.png
Size:	20.0 KB
ID:	3568Click image for larger version

Name:	LWIP_Set4.png
Size:	20.6 KB
ID:	3569
    Software configuration: Showing in the picture
    Related project attached.
    ?????

Quote Originally Posted by legend1996 View Post
    Description:Recently,i have use Infineon's XMC4500 MCU to achieve Ethernet communication between thinkpad and self-designed board. Well, everything runs smoothly until my board suddenly power off (110V, 4A) .
    Confused but cuorious, i tried many way to failgure it out but in vain, like set the highest priority and change thread number and stack size etc.
    It just don't work, i can't ping through netwire when my board power up again !!!
    Firstly, if i power up from the new download code, which can ping through netwire, the Ethernet can't ping through unless i give a Reset signal Physically.
    Secondelly, when i used Ethernet without RTOS enabled, it just work well,and the connection is rebuild when i suddenly power off and then power up.
    However, if i enabled RTOS, things goes wrong, i have encounter a bug during this process!!!
    Apparently, Reset processes is included in power up processes (all reset the core domain), and for power up processes there is PAD domain and Debug&Trace System Reset.
    It seems that the Ethernet part failed to connect with my board never until i pull down the reset button or give a reset singnal.
    How can i initialize my program with a software RESET? And will it work?

I really don't know what is wrong during these processes, for me ,the core code is hard to analysis and i'm lack of tool to find out the problems.
    Hopefully, there is any one who can help me to figure out what's going on there.

Environment:WIN10 ,DAVE4.3.2 ,XMC4500 CPUAttachment 3566Attachment 3567Attachment 3568Attachment 3569Attachment 3566Attachment 3567Attachment 3568Attachment 3569
    Software configuration: Showing in the picture
    Related project attached.
    The Problem still stand in my way ,any one who have a suggestion?

Infineon Employee
    Infineon Employee
    jferreira will become famous soon enough
    Hi,

In file Libraries/XMCLib/src/xmc_eth_phy_dp83848.c, in function XMC_ETH_PHY_Init() replace

Code:
    /* PHY initialize */
    int32_t XMC_ETH_PHY_Init(XMC_ETH_MAC_t *const eth_mac, uint8_t phy_addr, const XMC_ETH_PHY_CONFIG_t *const config)
    {
      int32_t status;
      uint16_t reg_val;

status = XMC_ETH_PHY_IsDeviceIdValid(eth_mac, phy_addr);
    by

Code:
    /* PHY initialize */
    int32_t XMC_ETH_PHY_Init(XMC_ETH_MAC_t *const eth_mac, uint8_t phy_addr, const XMC_ETH_PHY_CONFIG_t *const config)
    {
      uint32_t retries = 0xffffffffUL;
      int32_t status;
      uint16_t reg_val;

while (((status = XMC_ETH_PHY_IsDeviceIdValid(eth_mac, phy_addr)) != XMC_ETH_PHY_STATUS_OK) && --retries);
    Regards,
    Jesus
    The views expressed here are my personal opinions, have not been reviewed or authorized by Infineon and do not necessarily represent the views of Infineon.

Quote Originally Posted by jferreira View Post
    Hi,

In file Libraries/XMCLib/src/xmc_eth_phy_dp83848.c, in function XMC_ETH_PHY_Init() replace

Code:
    /* PHY initialize */
    {
      int32_t status;
      uint16_t reg_val;

status = XMC_ETH_PHY_IsDeviceIdValid(eth_mac, phy_addr);
    by

Code:
    /* PHY initialize */
    {
      uint32_t retries = 0xffffffffUL;
      int32_t status;
      uint16_t reg_val;

while (((status = XMC_ETH_PHY_IsDeviceIdValid(eth_mac, phy_addr)) != XMC_ETH_PHY_STATUS_OK) && --retries);
    Regards,
    Jesus
    wow, it works very well!!! thank you very much, but would you like to tell me the reason or simply explain for me ?
    because for a designer, it's happy to solve a bug, but it's confused that why would this happen and what should do next?
    Thanks again,write soon.
    Best regards,
    DB.king

+ Reply to Thread