DAVE Project Unusable

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User12875
Level 1
Level 1
I have a DAVE project with about forty DAVE apps and perhaps a hundred or so C source files.

Suddenly, whenever I would launch DAVE, it would error "Problem occurred while restoring the project data. The project 'MYPROJECTNAME' is not usable any more.

After launch, there are about 12 errors in the "Problems" tab of the form: "Groovy object not found for (MY NAME FOR A DAVE APP)". I can still work with the source of my project (thank goodness). I can still compile, but all DAPP side things are broken.

Is there a way to fix this project?
0 Likes
4 Replies
User13671
Level 1
Level 1
I have the same Problem.
17 Errors in the 'Problem' - window (next to console output):

Description Resource Path Location Type

Groovy object not found for ADC_Wandler LJet_02 LJet_02 Cell Exception Markers
Groovy object not found for CLOCK_XMC1_0 LJet_02 LJet_02 Cell Exception Markers
Groovy object not found for CPU_CTRL_XMC1_0 LJet_02 LJet_02 Cell Exception Markers
Groovy object not found for E_EEPROM_XMC1_0 LJet_02 LJet_02 Cell Exception Markers
Groovy object not found for GLOBAL_ADC_0 LJet_02 LJet_02 Cell Exception Markers
Groovy object not found for GLOBAL_CCU4_0 LJet_02 LJet_02 Cell Exception Markers
Groovy object not found for GPIO_P0_0 LJet_02 LJet_02 Cell Exception Markers
Groovy object not found for IR_Timer_Slice_0 LJet_02 LJet_02 Cell Exception Markers
Groovy object not found for IR_Timer_Slice_1 LJet_02 LJet_02 Cell Exception Markers
Groovy object not found for PWM_Led1 LJet_02 LJet_02 Cell Exception Markers
Groovy object not found for PWM_Led2 LJet_02 LJet_02 Cell Exception Markers
Groovy object not found for SYSTICK LJet_02 LJet_02 Cell Exception Markers
Groovy object not found for TIMER_Slice_0 LJet_02 LJet_02 Cell Exception Markers
Groovy object not found for Timer_Slice_1 LJet_02 LJet_02 Cell Exception Markers
Groovy object not found for UART_0 LJet_02 LJet_02 Cell Exception Markers
Groovy object not found for WATCHDOG_0 LJet_02 LJet_02 Cell Exception Markers
Problem occured while restoring the project data LJet_02. Check Error Log view for more details. LJet_02 LJet_02 Groovy Deserialization

Where are the groovy-objects in the directory-structure? In which device is Dave looking for this groovy hassle?
Where are background-infos and docu about this groovy stuff? What is it at all ? (I never worked with java before, must I catch it up?) .
I'm searching some hours about this stuff and find nothing. No detailed infos, only lacking substance .
I must find a way to repair Dave projects. Every Dave project that is not usable (any more) for a variety of reasons.

I work with Dave since 2 years. And there are many ways to destroy (unwanted) a DAVE project.

-------------------

Another question:

1. I want to export only the DAVE CE code. Export it to another project AND workspace (directory). Is that possible an d how?
2. I think in the last version 4.4.2 (and 4.4.3?) is an issue. If I import a project (without to export it before) the microcontroller settings are gone (it's described here in an old thread).
Is that right with this error?
3. Are all the project infos (for project management) central in the directory (the directory with the projectname). Or any project files and -data to manage the softwareproject
under another user directory or anything else?
Wherefore the directory '.metadata' and its content in every workspace-directory ?
0 Likes
jferreira
Employee
Employee
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins First like received
Hi,

The project is serialized to a file, Dave/Model/projectData.bin. The APPs are groovy objects. When DAVE4 makes active a CE project, the contents of this file is read and the project is populated with APPs being used and the settings in the APPs UI are restored.
When using a versioning system is recommended to keep versioned the whole Dave folder.

The correct way to export/import a DAVE CE project is using the Infineon DAVE Project import/export wizard, i.e. File>Export...>Infineon>DAVE Projects or File>Import...>Infineon>DAVE Projects.

Regards,
Jesus
0 Likes
User13671
Level 1
Level 1
What about the directory ".metadata" in the workspace directory?
Is this directory important and should be saved with the sourcefiles (including Dave folder) for backup or with versioning systems?
Anyway, is the metadata directory important and where is it for?
0 Likes
jferreira
Employee
Employee
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins First like received
Hi,

There is no need to keep the .metadata under revision control.
The .metadata folder includes information saved by eclipse plugins. It also contains the index file to navigate your source code.

Regards,
Jesus
0 Likes