DAVE SDK app rename function needed

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User7795
Level 4
Level 4
Hi Infineon,

I modified the app UART and now it's mandatory to change the name to UART_A1 or so to avoid any collision with the original Infineon apps, for example when upgrading apps.
Unfortunately, DAVE SDK doesn't offer an app rename function like project rename of DAVE CE, which renames the whole project file system. I think, there is more to do than renaming of a few files, so that the app appears under the new name in the DAVE CE library store.
Please what are your suggestions to solve this problem?

Best Regards,
Wolfgang
0 Likes
4 Replies
jferreira
Employee
Employee
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins First like received
Hi,

Unfortunately such functionality is not supported. You will need to rename the project and make modifications to the name where appropriate manually.
What are the changes you introduced? Maybe your changes can be included in the official APP?

Regards,
Jesus
0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
User7795
Level 4
Level 4
Hi Jesus,

thanks for your answer.

At the moment, customer apps possibly overwrite Infineon apps in the LibraryStore (same name and version), when warning is ignored. There should be a solution to store customer apps without collisions, perhaps at a separate place.

Changing the app name by hand is risky, because some changes are needed also in the files (class name etc).

App uart:
I added 2 checkboxes to enable an immediate jump to customer interrupt service routines without executing any Dave code between. We need an as fast as possible interrupt response because we have to realize high speed async channels (more than 10 MBaud).

Some details:
Goal was the fastest possible call to interrupt sub, i.e. linker must be able to put the int sub address into the vector table. Therefore I avoided tests like addr==NULL, see template uart.c lines 854, 935.
To prevent missing int sub addresses, first I tried to force checkbox 'end of transmit' to true when my added 'jump direct..' checkbox is checked, but it didn't function. As second solution I set callback functions instead to NULL to 'TX_Interruptsub_undefined' and 'RX_Interruptsub_undefined' when no int sub name is entered, to force the linker to raise an error (see file uart_confc.tmpl lines 461, 480).

But at the moment, I have a general problem with the SDK. It ran fine until yesterday, but since today it starts always with an error, although I didn't change anything today, see screenshot and error report.
I also added the complete source dir of my modified uart as DaveSDKzip.

Best Regards,
Wolfgang
0 Likes
jferreira
Employee
Employee
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins First like received
Hi,

Did you know about the UART_CONFIG APP? Or even using using the UART APP in the direct mode?

Regarding the separation between the IFX and customer APPs, you could use the contributed category
def categoriesDescription = ["Contributed APPs"]

Regards,
Jesus
0 Likes
User7795
Level 4
Level 4
Hi Jesus,

thanks for your answer,

when storing customer apps at section 'Contributed Apps', then the app files are also stored at D_LibraryStore_4.4\resources\\app\\ like the original Infineon apps and at \resources\DaveAppLibrary\XMC4000\APP\.
Same name and version results in collision. Thus a modified Infineon app needs to be renamed. Please correct me, if I am wrong.

App UART or UART_CONFIG, there are pros and cons. The most user friendly and error proof app thats UART. Use of the direct mode is not as easy like the interrupt mode when blocking code is forbidden. The UART app meets all of our needs in a comfortable manner when the fast interupt mode I added is available. We need minimum run time interrupts because we are always at the limit. Often the cpu even needs help by a fpga (the world of vhdl and verilog).

After deleting file .metadata, DAVE SDK runs fine again.

Best Regards,
Wolfgang
0 Likes