USBBL001_ Example1

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
Hello, I am working with USBBL001_Example1 project

So far i have followed the steps specified on the ReadMe.txt file
When says to run the demo code, i run the file: 'USBBL001_Example1.elf - [arm/le] contained on the path USBBL001_Example1 > Debug >

I get the following Message indicating that a Problem has ocurred: "Launching 'USBBL001_Example1.elf ' has encountered a problem.
The details of the problem are the following:

Error creating session
The debug instrument IO could not be initialized.
The GDI debug instrument provided the following error message.
An error occurred while connecting to the target. The target voltage is 621 mV, which probably means that there is no target attached or that it is not powered on.

The conexion i have set up is:
Jlink to USB dock of pc
Micro USB to USB flash drive

Why is DAVE 3 not recognizing the USB flash drive connected to the board?
Thanks for the support !
0 Likes
6 Replies
Not applicable
Hi LauradelaFuente,

It seems to me that your board did not powered up.
Did you supply any power to the board?
The Jlink only act as debug interface, it does not supply power to the board.

I assume you are using the XMC4500 Hexagon Kit, so you have to connect the COM-ETH-V1 board to the CPU board.
And then connect the external supply to the COM-ETH-V1 board.
If you do not have COM-ETH-V1 board, what you can do is supply a 5V DC to the VDD5 with respect to GND on the CPU board.
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hey Jackson,

Thanks for your inquiry I resolved that problem, now the messages i get is the following:
ERROR BREAKING PONT:
No Code breakpoint could be placed at 0x80000b80 because there is alaready one at this location

Anyhow,the first time i ran the 'USBBL001_Example1.elf' didn't get this message..And when i unplugged the usb flash drive after running this code, and plugged it in the pc, there were no generated file folders.. Any idea what step i am doing wrong?

Thanks again for your support! It was of great help !
Cheers
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi LauradelaFuente,

I not quite sure what is goes wrong here, but I could be the application did not go into the function "FATFS_TestDemo()" or the mounting of USB device is not successful.
Perhaps you can put a breakpoint inside the FATFS_TestDemo() function and see if the program did jump into the fuction or not.
If the program did not go into the FATFS_TestDemo() function, this mean the enumeration process of the USB flash drive is not successful.
If the application go into FATFS_TestDemo() function but did not generated any folders and file, it could be the mounting of USB device is not successful.
0 Likes
Not applicable
Thanks again Jackson,

I think the most probable explantion is that the mounting of the USB device is not successfull, because it does recognize the toggle breakpoint inside FATFS_TestDemo() when i put it..

Do you know why this is not working properly? When the USB is plugged in to the board the light of the flashdrive indicating conexion does not turn ON, while it does go ON when connected to the PC

Is it because it does not recognize the flashdrive?
But when i run the code without the flashdrive plugged in to the board a Message pops up saying that there is no flashdrive connected

Thanks again JAckson!
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi LauradelaFuente,

Can you check what is the return value from
DResult =  f_mount(1, &myfsObject);

If it is successful, it will return 0.

And I not quite understand why you have a message pop up for no flash drive connected.
have you change or added anything to the example project?
May I know where did you saw the message?
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hello Jackson,

My level with DAVE 3 is not quite advanced..
How I am supposed to see the value of DResult?
After debugging the code, this is what i could extract from the disassembly on the TASKING Debug

DResult = f_mount(1, &myfsObject);
0x08000bc2 4f f0 01 00 mov r0, #0x1
0x08000bc6 40 f6 84 71 movw r1, #0x00000f84
0x08000bca c2 f2 00 01 movt r1, #0x00002000
0x08000bce 1d f0 43 ff bl f_mount (0801ea58)
0x08000bd2 03 46 mov r3, r0
0x08000bd4 fb 71 strb r3, [r7, #0x7]

I don't get a message pop up of 'NO FLASH DRIVE CONNECTED' it is my conclusion since the LED on my flashdrive doesn't turn on when I run the code
I haven't added anything to the example project.
I am powering the board with the extension pinboard connected to the COM interface (5V and 200mA).
The Flash drive is connected to the microUSB connector and de JLink is connected to the PC

Is there a useful guide that explains how to use DAVE 3 other than the Presentation Tutorial guide?
Thanks for all your support, it is of great help !

Hello Jackson,

My level with DAVE 3 is not quite advanced..
How I am supposed to see the value of DResult?
After debugging the code, this is what i could extract from the disassembly on the TASKING Debug

DResult = f_mount(1, &myfsObject);
0x08000bc2 4f f0 01 00 mov r0, #0x1
0x08000bc6 40 f6 84 71 movw r1, #0x00000f84
0x08000bca c2 f2 00 01 movt r1, #0x00002000
0x08000bce 1d f0 43 ff bl f_mount (0801ea58)
0x08000bd2 03 46 mov r3, r0
0x08000bd4 fb 71 strb r3, [r7, #0x7]

I don't get a message pop up of 'NO FLASH DRIVE CONNECTED' it is my conclusion since the LED on my flashdrive doesn't turn on when I run the code
I haven't added anything to the example project.
I am powering the board with the extension pinboard connected to the COM interface (5V and 200mA).
The Flash drive is connected to the microUSB connector and de JLink is connected to the PC

Is there a useful guide that explains how to use DAVE 3 other than the Presentation Tutorial guide?
Thanks for all your support, it is of great help !

The file I am running is the "USBBL001_Example1.elf.launch" I assume it is the right file
0 Likes