IRPS5401 factory configuration

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
Hi,
I am currently developing an FPGA board and I'd like to select the IRPS5401 PMU as the main power supply system. I chose the configuration 5 and 6 (Zu07 CG). One thing I can't find in the documentation, is if the IRPS5401 comes with the MTP memory pre-programmed with the right configurations (voltages and ramp-ups) selected with the given MTP resistor value.
Or do I have to program it myself before the first power-up?

Thanks in advance,
Jean.
0 Likes
1 Solution
srhim1971
Employee
Employee
10 replies posted 5 replies posted First question asked
The IRPS5401 is a part with a default configuration. This is true for only the part number which is listed in the datasheet as shown below:

Please confirm whether or not this part number matches that of your device.
If it is the same, then that part would have been burned with the default configuration and would require reprogramming manually by the user if a different configuration is desired.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
srhim1971
Employee
Employee
10 replies posted 5 replies posted First question asked
The IRPS5401 is a part with a default configuration. This is true for only the part number which is listed in the datasheet as shown below:

Please confirm whether or not this part number matches that of your device.
If it is the same, then that part would have been burned with the default configuration and would require reprogramming manually by the user if a different configuration is desired.
0 Likes
Not applicable
Thank you!!
Jean.
0 Likes
Not applicable
Just to clarify further: the IRPS5401MTRPBF part number comes blank. You have to program it first with your own configuration if you want it to do anything. The pre-programmed ICs with the Xilinx configurations are the ones with the part number IRPS5401MXI03TRP (minimum quantity of 3000).
The good news is that the programming software (IR PowIRCenter) comes with the programming files corresponding to the 12 Xilinx configurations, as described in on the website.
0 Likes
User21486
Level 1
Level 1
I used IR PowIRCenter to program IRPS5401MTRPBF. I did use the Xilinx configuration, the output voltage 0.85,1.2V,1.8V are all good, but only 0.5V in the 3.3V output. Any idea? After I programmed, I can't access I2C. How can I re-program? Thanks.
0 Likes