infineon@linkedin linkedin

infineon4engi@twitter twitter

infineon@youtube youtube

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: IRPS5401 factory configuration

New Member New Member JeanW is on a distinguished road

IRPS5401 factory configuration

Hi,
    I am currently developing an FPGA board and I'd like to select the IRPS5401 PMU as the main power supply system. I chose the configuration 5 and 6 (Zu07 CG). One thing I can't find in the documentation, is if the IRPS5401 comes with the MTP memory pre-programmed with the right configurations (voltages and ramp-ups) selected with the given MTP resistor value.
    Or do I have to program it myself before the first power-up?

Thanks in advance,
    Jean.

Infineon Employee
    Infineon Employee
    Expert
    srhim1971 is on a distinguished road
    The IRPS5401 is a part with a default configuration. This is true for only the part number which is listed in the datasheet as shown below:

Please confirm whether or not this part number matches that of your device.
    If it is the same, then that part would have been burned with the default configuration and would require reprogramming manually by the user if a different configuration is desired.
    The views expressed here are my personal opinions, have not been reviewed or authorized by Infineon and do not necessarily represent the views of Infineon.

Thank you!!
    Jean.

Just to clarify further: the IRPS5401MTRPBF part number comes blank. You have to program it first with your own configuration if you want it to do anything. The pre-programmed ICs with the Xilinx configurations are the ones with the part number IRPS5401MXI03TRP (minimum quantity of 3000).
    The good news is that the programming software (IR PowIRCenter) comes with the programming files corresponding to the 12 Xilinx configurations, as described in on the website.

+ Reply to Thread