XMC ECAT0 Alias

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
I want to check or change the Station Alias.
However, it seems that the correct information can not be read or changed through the defined ECAT0.
Are there other conditions or procedures for use?

ECAT0 is defined in "XMC4300.h" as follows.
#define ECAT0 ((ECAT_Type *) ECAT0_BASE)

I read the information below but it is different from what I actually run on Ethercat.
ECAT_Type* pECAT_Reg = ECAT0;
nReadStation = pECAT_Reg->STATION_ADR;
nReadAlias = pECAT_Reg->STATION_ALIAS;

Of course, there is no change even if you input the following values ​​at various timings.
pECAT_Reg->STATION_ALIAS = (uint16_t)nSetAlias;
0 Likes
3 Replies
MichaelIFX
Employee
Employee
50 replies posted 25 replies posted 10 replies posted
Hi motionics,
inside the function HW_Init which is implemented inside generated code of ECAT_APP (xmc_eschw.c) two pointers to callback-functions are defined:
pAPPL_EEPROM_Reload = HW_EepromReload;
pAPPL_EEPROM_Write = HW_EepromWrite;

Since SSC 5.12 these callback pointers are set to zero inside SSC initialization when MainInit is called.
Therefore since SSC 5.12 it is obligatory to set these callback pointers after (and not before) MainInit of SSC is called.

We will fix that in short term and release an update of the APP.

If this does not fit your schedule and you need assistance in short term before this release, please feel free to get in contact with me via PN.

Kind Regards

MichaelIFX
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi MichaelIFX,

How do I know the current Station Alias?
Is it impossible to read and verify the ECAT0_BASE area?

Do I have to write to the EEPROM to replace the Station Alias?
Is it not possible to write in the ECAT0_BASE area?

Best Regards,
Motionics
0 Likes
User13760
Level 1
Level 1
Hi, is there any updates from Infineon regarding this matter? We are trying to update the SII in the eeprom and ran into some problems. I guess if the EEPROM reload and write is not setup in MainInit, the SII will not be updated?
0 Likes