[SOLVED] TLE9879 Cortex M3 reset behavior

Announcements

Webinar: Integrated solutions for smaller, simpler low-voltage motor control design.
Join the webinar to experience!

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Bguillot
Employee
Employee
First like received
Hello,
I'm developing a custom embedded board with TLE9879, which works fine with the debugger attached. Yet, it's not always working when I'm running it stand-alone, whereas it does work stand-alone on the eval board.
There is extra hardware on the eval board, not present on my custom board, but it should not be a problem.

Do I need to configure something internal to the chip, so that it can get out of reset?
Thanks a lot!
2 Replies
Lykaon
Employee
Employee
First like received
HI Bguillot,
In case embedded code works fine in debugger mode and not in stand alone mode, there a 2 possible fail scenarios:
1. Wrong No Activity Count (NAC) value. Device would wait for an LIN/FASTLIN/UART frame forever and embedded code does not start at all => You can double check if you can toggle a GPIO during initialisation or not.
2. Wrong Watchdog Timer handling. Is the embedded code running (GPIO test) but after ~1s, device is performing an unintended reset? => Please double check your WDT handling.
/***************************************************************************
** main watchdog1 (WDT1) service **
***************************************************************************/
WDT1_Service();

int WDT1_Service(void)
{
int result;
result = 0;
/* check if Window Counter is beyond 70% of WDT1 period *
* or if a SOW service has been done before */

/*lint -e9050 Supressing MISRA 2012 Rule 12.1 */
if ((WD_Counter > SCUPM_WDT1_TRIGGER) || (bSOWactive == true))
/*lint +e9050 */
{
/* service WDT1 */
SCUPM->WDT1_TRIG.reg = (uint8) SCUPM_WDT1_TRIG;
/* reset window counter */
WD_Counter = 0u;
/* reset "short open window" active flag */
bSOWactive = false;

result = 1;
}
return (result);
}
0 Likes
iamprt
Level 4
Level 4
10 questions asked First like received 50 sign-ins

Why device is not being detected once a hex file is loaded into the TLE9879 through the UIO stick BSL tool.

The device gets connected and lets me load the hex file, and when I press the download, I can verify successfully through the BSL tool, but after that, I cannot connect the device in the BSL tool through the UIO stick.

The same thing happened with three samples. How to solve the issue?

In love with Power Electronics and its applications.
0 Likes