infineon@linkedin linkedin

infineon4engi@twitter twitter

infineon@youtube youtube

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FAQ for miscellaneous ePower Topics

Infineon Employee
    Infineon Employee
    epc will become famous soon enough

I have a TLE9869QX. Does anyone know what the purpose of the 100TP pages is?

The 100 Times-Programmable Page (short: 100TP) can used to store application relevant data, like configuration data, e.g. application variants information, calibration data, etc.
    The views expressed here are my personal opinions, have not been reviewed or authorized by Infineon and do not necessarily represent the views of Infineon.

Infineon Employee
    Infineon Employee

What is the recommended Vs Cap value in order to increase the system availivility tim

The Vs cap can be used to keep the device supplied to a defined period of time in case of the power loss (VBAT loss) scenario. The addition working time could be used to store application relevant data into the data flash. The size of the Vs cap is calculated by "C = I * t / U". I is the current consumption of the device, e.g. 30mA. t is the time the device should stay active, e.g. 16ms. And U is the voltage delta between the starting voltage of the cap and the reset voltage of the device, e.g. 9V - 3V = 6V. The capacitance will now be: C = 30mA * 16ms / (9V - 3V) = 80F.
    The views expressed here are my personal opinions, have not been reviewed or authorized by Infineon and do not necessarily represent the views of Infineon.

Infineon Employee
    Infineon Employee

Which is the maximum quiescent current of device?

The quiescent current depends on the operation mode of the device. The "sleep mode" provides the lowest quiescent current, which is the range of double digit A. Please refere to the datasheet for absolute values.

Infineon Employee
    Infineon Employee

What is the difference between the (external) window watchdog WDT1 and the integrated

The integrated WDT is inside the microcontroller core, while the WDT1 is located in the system control unit of the device. While the WDT1 is mandatory for automotive applications and cannot be disabled (except for debug mode and stop mode) the WDT is completely controllable by software and freely available to the user application.

Infineon Employee
    Infineon Employee

Which is the purpose of the OTP pages?

The One-Times-Programmable Page (short: OTP) can used to store application relevant data, like configuration data, e.g. application variants information, calibration data, etc.

Infineon Employee
    Infineon Employee

Has Vs to be protected externally?

The max ratings must be obeyed. A diode is recommended in the Vs net before the Vs cap to prevent the Vs cap from being discharged by others than the device itself.

Infineon Employee
    Infineon Employee

Does the Vs pin needs to be electrically protected externally?

The max ratings must be obeyed. A diode is recommended in the Vs net before the Vs cap to prevent the Vs cap from being discharged by others than the device itself.

Infineon Employee
    Infineon Employee

What is the difference between the 10bit ADC(1) and the 8bit ADC2?

The ADC1 is a completely software controlled ADC fully available to the user application. While the ADC2 is a diagnostic ADC which supervises the voltages/temperatures in the device. Programmable thresholds for each channel (voltage) provides a user adjustable generation of interrupts in case a measured voltage is crossing the thresholds.

Infineon Employee
    Infineon Employee
    Mc-Key will become famous soon enough

FAQ for miscellaneous ePower Topics

FAQ for miscellaneous ePower Topics.

+ Reply to Thread
Disclaimer

All content and materials on this site are provided as is. Infineon makes no warranties or representations with regard to this content and these materials of any kind, whether express or implied, including without limitation, warranties or representations of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement of any third party intellectual property right. No license, whether express or implied, is granted by Infineon. Use of the information on this site may require a license from a third party, or a license from Infineon.

Infineon accepts no liability for the content and materials on this site being accurate, complete or up- to-date or for the contents of external links. Infineon distances itself expressly from the contents of the linked pages, over the structure of which Infineon has no control.

Content on this site may contain or be subject to specific guidelines or limitations on use. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Usage Terms of the site; third parties using this content agree to abide by any limitations or guidelines and to comply with the Usage Terms of this site. Infineon reserves the right to make corrections, deletions, modifications, enhancements, improvements and other changes to the content and materials, its products, programs and services at any time or to move or discontinue any content, products, programs, or services without notice.