TC277 JTAG locked

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User14659
Level 1
Level 1
Hello All,

I am facing problem with respect to JTAG while trying to connect using UDE debugger.
Error says JTAG Interface is locked. This microcontroller is a new device which has not been programmed before.
How do i unlock this JTAG?
0 Likes
15 Replies
MoD
Employee
Employee
50 likes received 500 replies posted 100 solutions authored
Hello,
I expect that the device is in bootstrap loader mode.
Which state has the ESR0?
Which device step you use?
Which board you use? Which Connections you have on P14.3, P10.5 and P10.6?
0 Likes
User14659
Level 1
Level 1
Hello,

I am using TC277 C Step. I am using an application board which is similar to HybridPACK™2 Enhanced SIL Logic Board v3.1.

Connections:
P14.3- 5V
P10.5- 5V
P10.6- 5V

And ESR0 pin reads 5V.
0 Likes
MoD
Employee
Employee
The device is not locked. The device is in any bootstrap loader. If possible then connect P14.3 to ground and check if you can access then the device.
0 Likes
User14659
Level 1
Level 1
I tried by connecting P14.3 to ground. Still not able to access the device.

My question is if the device is never programmed before is it possible to enter bootstrap loader mode?
If it is in any of the bootstrap loader mode why i cant access the device via Internal flash by changing HWCFG pins?
How do i get out of bootstrap loader mode?
0 Likes
User13360
Level 1
Level 1
Hi abhinand

I have a similar problem to yours did yoy find a solution ?

BR
0 Likes
MoD
Employee
Employee
Hello,
if there is no valid bootmode header found in the device the device will execute the generic bootstrap loader. If there is a debugger connected and the debugger set the HARR (Halt After Reset Request) fast enough then the device will go to start from internal flash and will stop execution on the startaddress. Now the device can access by debugger.
The HWCFG pins are only evaluated when a valid bootmode header is found and the PINDIS bit in the valid BMI is not set.
For your case it seems that there is no valid bootmode header found and the debugger can't set fast enough the HARR and the device execute the generic bootstraploader.
If P14.0/P14.1 is usable as ASC (e.g. connected to an USB to RS232 device) then you can use Infineon Memtool to program the device via bootstrap loader. The Memtool you can find here:
https://www.infineon.com/cms/en/product/microcontroller/32-bit-tricore-microcontroller/?redirId=5704...
0 Likes
User14659
Level 1
Level 1
MoD wrote:
Hello,
if there is no valid bootmode header found in the device the device will execute the generic bootstrap loader. If there is a debugger connected and the debugger set the HARR (Halt After Reset Request) fast enough then the device will go to start from internal flash and will stop execution on the startaddress. Now the device can access by debugger.
The HWCFG pins are only evaluated when a valid bootmode header is found and the PINDIS bit in the valid BMI is not set.
For your case it seems that there is no valid bootmode header found and the debugger can't set fast enough the HARR and the device execute the generic bootstraploader.
If P14.0/P14.1 is usable as ASC (e.g. connected to an USB to RS232 device) then you can use Infineon Memtool to program the device via bootstrap loader. The Memtool you can find here:
https://www.infineon.com/cms/en/product/microcontroller/32-bit-tricore-microcontroller/?redirId=5704...

Hi, Pins P14.0/P14.1 are left open in our design and we are having a device with BGA package.

Is there any other way to program it? or the locked board is useless?
0 Likes
User14659
Level 1
Level 1
rapidengineering wrote:
Hi abhinand

I have a similar problem to yours did yoy find a solution ?

BR

No i have not found any solution yet.
0 Likes
MoD
Employee
Employee
Which environment/tools you are using?
miniWiggler via DAP or you use any UAD from PLS?
How you call the tool?
0 Likes
User14659
Level 1
Level 1
MoD wrote:
Which environment/tools you are using?
miniWiggler via DAP or you use any UAD from PLS?

I am using UDE(UAD) via JTAG and TASKING environment.

MoD wrote:
How you call the tool?

I did not understand this.
0 Likes
MoD
Employee
Employee
I expect you use the Infineon Memtool for programming. Without access to P14.0/1 I think there is no way to remove the device from Bootstrap Loader mode. If possible replace the device.
0 Likes
User19708
Level 1
Level 1
Have you solved the problem? I met the same problem.
0 Likes
User19708
Level 1
Level 1
Hello abhinand,
Have you solved the problem? I met the same problem.
Thanks.
0 Likes
User20429
Level 1
Level 1
5 replies posted First reply posted First question asked
MoD wrote:
I expect you use the Infineon Memtool for programming. Without access to P14.0/1 I think there is no way to remove the device from Bootstrap Loader mode. If possible replace the device.

Hi,

I may have the same issue.

I use DAP miniWiggler device for programming. Can you show me how to connect this device to P14.0/14.1 of TC275 chip for programming

Many thanks
0 Likes
MoD
Employee
Employee
noanbui wrote:
Hi,

I may have the same issue.

I use DAP miniWiggler device for programming. Can you show me how to connect this device to P14.0/14.1 of TC275 chip for programming

Many thanks

Can you give us more information? What happens? What is the actual state? Which board you use?
0 Likes