Infineon Distance2Go-module (XMC4200-256) questions

Announcements

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
Hi and first of all thank you for willing to help out.

For my company, I am doing some research about 24GHz radar technology to detect objects (speed, velocity, motion).
For this, I have purchased the Infineon "Distance2Go" testkit, and the documentation for this can be found here (https://www.infineon.com/cms/en/product/evaluation-boards/demo-distance2go/)

I have followed the installguide, downloaded the XMC-flasher, the XMC-driver and the RadarGUI.

Then I have flashed the Distance2Go-board with the .hex-file that is also included in the packet so that the radar can do distance detection. Then opened the RadarGUI, connected the Distance2Go-board and it worked.

But, and here is the but, the radar is not accurate at all. It detects objects that are not there, detects objects not accurate and sometimes doesnt detect objects that are there.

This is my configuration with the RadarGUI:
3122.attach

Does anyone have any experience with this radar Distance2Go-testkit that could help me set up my testenvironment for accurate testing?

Thanks in advance
0 Likes
2 Replies
SySa_4665481
Employee
Employee
5 sign-ins Welcome! 10 replies posted
Hi Bram,

May I know which SW version have you flashed onto the board?
It will be useful too for you to register an account so that you can have the latest versions of the SW.
You can follow the instructions at this link (https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-24GHz+software+access+instructions-SW-v03_00-EN.pdf?fileId=55...), if you have not already done so previously.

Hopefully this helps. All the best 🙂
0 Likes
User19118
Level 1
Level 1
Hi All,

I have recently, received a 24 GHz Distance2Go device. I have already installed the app. and it works properly. But the problem is It records the data in .bin files while regarding its documents, we also should be able to record them with .raw formats. Would some one help me with setting information related torecording the data with .raw format.

Thank you so much in advance and wishing you a nice weekend.
Best Regards
Alexine
0 Likes