EtherCat problem when float vars are used

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User13948
Level 2
Level 2
First like received
It seems that when floating point calculations are performed there is something wrong with the alignment of the data sent to the master from the eeprom. The vendor ID is sent as the product code, they are adiacent fields.
I suppose everything else is shifted.
This happens only when FP is performed inside a function called by interrupt.

SSC 5.12, latest DAVE, flash erased.
0 Likes
3 Replies
MichaelIFX
Employee
Employee
50 replies posted 25 replies posted 10 replies posted
Dear Alberto,
we've tried to reproduce your finding without success.
Could you please provide a detailed description how to reproduce the issue (how to modify the slave SW; best starting from our Basic example) and which Tools (TwinCAT ESC Access/EEPROM/Smart View/ReadE2PROM?) you use to check for the VendorID and how you read the EEPROM there.

Thanks

Michael
0 Likes
User13948
Level 2
Level 2
First like received
Thanks for the reply., in the next few days I'll try to reproduce the issue on the basic example.

Best regards

Alberto
0 Likes
User13948
Level 2
Level 2
First like received
I tested the basic example and there is no issue at all.
But with my application the problem persists. I use a more complex SSC XLS file, using more PDOs and objects.
Unfortunately I do not have time to investigate further, maybe next month. For now I do not use FP.

I detect the problem with Twincat, it says the Vendor ID is wrong. Then there is a way to output a csv file with the various data, and I see it is shifted to the next field.

Thanks again.
0 Likes