DAVE refusing to change app configuration

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User15044
Level 1
Level 1
In a project with existing app configuration, DAVE refuses to to remove already set pin mapping to peripherals which I need to release to reallocate the hardware usage. What can I do at that point?
Example:
I have a UART component configured to use pins 2.14 and 2.15. I'm trying to release these pin mappings. It allows me to change one of the pins to 'Not selected', but when changing the other, I get 'DAVE is unable to grant your last hardware resources request'.
Likewise, I had a working SPI master app in the project. I removed it, changed absolutely nothing after that and tried to add it again, but now DAVE is not able to add the SPI master. Why?

I don't see any way out of this but restarting the whole project from scratch and hoping that the configuration now succeeds, but I expect that changes will become again impossible at that point so I would have to get it right on the first attempt.

Is there any way to keep DAVE from not tying itself into a knot it is unable to open?
0 Likes
1 Reply
User15044
Level 1
Level 1
To be clear, the UART pin remapping is just a side note - the actual problem is that I'm unable to add SPI master app at all at this point, and I'm looking for a reason for this behavior.
Like, is there any way to get some sort of log of why adding the app failed?
0 Likes