infineon@linkedin linkedin

infineon4engi@twitter twitter

infineon@youtube youtube

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ethernet Demo on TC3xx starter kit

New Member New Member Sabulanis is on a distinguished road

Ethernet Demo on TC3xx starter kit

Hello,
    Iím using a 2nd generation AURIX TC3xx starter kit (TriBoard) and tried to run the Ethernet Demo supplied with the iLLD 1.0.1.3.0 TC39A without success.
    The Demo can be compiled and programmed, but the communication with the PHY PEF7071 mounted on the board seems to be unsuccessful as they program will wait for the Transmission-Complete-Interrupt to be set which never happens.
    The functions provided by the IfxEth library seem to have no effect, reading out the registers of the PHY using the IfxEth_Phy_Pef7071 library shows that there are no changes done.
    The mdio read and write functions provided by IfxEth_Phy_Pef7071 work as they should.

Beginner Beginner vitorroriz is on a distinguished road
    I am facing the same issue using the TC297.

As I mentioned in my thread:

By debugging I realized that the DMA never gets the chance to access the Tx Buffer, as it is always setting TU = 1 (TU stands for Transmit Buffer Unavailable) on the DMA Reg5 (Status Reg). This happens when the DMA accesses the Tx Descriptor and reads Own bit = 0, what means that the Host owns the Descriptor (and therefore the DMA does not own it).

I have already checked the Register TDESLA_32BIT that holds the Addr of the Descriptor list and it is holding the correct addr. I have also already verified that the Own bit is being correctly set to Own = 1 before the poll demand on the DMA, delivering the ownership of the descriptor to the DMA.

Beginner Beginner audiolines is on a distinguished road
    I was still unable to communicate over Ethernet on TC297 or TC3xx Starter kit.
    I also read the user manual and cross checked the Register Values.

Still, there is nothing from the PHY.. I also noticed the issue vitorrriz is talking about and tried to even code my own descriptors just for a sanity check.
    Still, nothing.

Any ideas on how to solve this? Is it working for you?

+ Reply to Thread