problem when using both channel of USIC module 1 in UART configuration

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
I'm experienced problem when using both channel of USIC module 1 in UART configuration.
The transmit and receive FIFO buffer of both channel are of 32 element and the trigger limit is 1.
The bord used is the Hexagon Kit with XMC4500 processor, the pin assigned are P0.4 and P0.5 for channel 0 and P0.0 and P0.1 for channel 1.

I'm trying to transmit two different buffer from both the UART with the following commands:

UART001_WriteDataMultiple(&UART001_Handle1, vUINT16_SendData1, 9);
UART001_WriteDataMultiple(&UART001_Handle2, vUINT16_SendData2, 22);

but I'm receiving a mixure of the content of these buffers.

In DAVE's UART001 configuration panel there is a note: "The available channel of the USIC module share the 64 data word buffer (FIFO)".

This means that I can not use both channels simultaneously? There is a possible workaround?
0 Likes
3 Replies
Not applicable
Hi sitael,

Yes, the FIFO are shared in the same module.
Therefore, if you need transmit and receive FIFO for both channels, this means you could only have 16 data word FIFO for transmit and data word for received per channel.
If you need to have bigger FIFO per channel, perhaps you can choose to use other USIC module if pin is not a constrain for you.
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi Jackson,
The maximum allowed size for the FIFO is 64 data word, so I suppose I can use 64/4=16 data word for all the transmit and receive buffer of both channels.
Why do you suggest me to use only 8 data word for buffer?
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi sitael,

Yes, you're correct. it should be 16. Is my mistake.
0 Likes