Dave 4.4.2 Memory Settings Page missing

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
I have created a new Dave CE Project in Dave 4.4.2 and it occurs to me that the Memory Settings Page is missing.
4005.attach

Is that an intentional change of the GUI or is this a bug?
0 Likes
4 Replies
User10239
Level 1
Level 1
Welcome! 10 replies posted 5 replies posted
Hi Val-R!
Indeed window is read only.
You could modify Memory under
select by right mouse key your "Project[Active-Debug]" and step to "DAVE PROJECT UPGRADE", select "DEVICE UPGRADE" ; here you could select another µC but don't forget to select "MIGRATE".
If you intend to enable printf or scanf, it is possible to do this under
select by right mouse key your "Project[Active-Debug]" and step to "PREFERENCES", select "C/C++ Build" --> Settings-->ARM-GCC Linker -->General --> mark your options
0 Likes
User14154
Level 1
Level 1
I think the OP is referring to the fact that certain Help documents such as the EMU EEPROM call out the "Memory Settings" page to change the memory region allotted for program space.
So since that is no longer located there, either the document should be updated or this menu item be added to match the documentation in v4.4.2.
Now of course the linker file could be edited manually, but the documentation does not even mention the linker file.

3997.attach
0 Likes
User14451
Level 2
Level 2
10 replies posted 10 questions asked 5 replies posted
Hallo Armatron
hallo All,
I am falling into the same problem: there is no "Memory Settings" option in DAVE 4.4.2, so I do not know how to configure the starting address for the EEPROM EMULATION.
Furthermore, do you have any working example to share with me?
Thank you very much for your kind reply.
Ciao
Fabio
0 Likes
jferreira
Employee
Employee
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins First like received
See E_EEPROM_XMC1_EXAMPLE_XMC13 in https://www.infineon.com/cms/en/product/promopages/aim-mc/dave_downloads.html or the help documentation of the E_EEPROM_XMC4 APP usage section.
0 Likes