XMC4300 Ethercat Connection Problems

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User14799
Level 2
Level 2
First like received
Hi people of the XMC Forum,
i've purchased an XMC4300 Relax Demo Board and brought the Ethercat Slave Example to live on the board. BUT... when i connect the Board with the Ethercat Master, there is no light flashing on the network port. Not on the Demo board neither on the Ethercat Master. Additionally the Board is not found in Twincat.
I followed the Guide in the Dave Ethercat Slave Example from the Infineon website... Do I have to activate some magic Ethercat stuff in the Code??? Pls help.

Greetings
Tobi
0 Likes
5 Replies
User14799
Level 2
Level 2
First like received
Nobody any ideas???
0 Likes
User14799
Level 2
Level 2
First like received
I got the software running on board and i can trigger LEDs with buttons... but when I connect Ethercat no lights are flashing on the Ethercat ports.
0 Likes
User14799
Level 2
Level 2
First like received
-> I have found the solution after much much headache.... My XMC4300 "Relax" Board Hardware was defective due to a wrong Board assembly 😞 I ordered a revisioned Board and now it works like a charm
0 Likes
User15106
Level 1
Level 1
Hello,
we have also problems with EtherCat, no communication to TwinCat with XMC4300-Board.
Which part of the XMC4300 "Relax" Board was defective or wrong assembled?
Where do you ordered the revisioned Board. Our board has V1.1.
Can you help us??
0 Likes
User14616
Level 1
Level 1
Hi,

we had/have a similar problem with several V1.1 boards.

The boards work initially and after some time (30mins to a few hours) the port connected to the EtherCAT master fails.

In our case the 1.8V regulator (U200) was wrongly populated with IFX54441LD V33 instead of IFX54441LDV resulting in an output voltage of around 3V which in turn probably fried the PHYs.

Cheers, Maximilian
0 Likes