Error while generating code.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User13948
Level 2
Level 2
First like received
I have a project which was working flawlessly. I added some DAVE Apps, imported their configuration from another projet.
Then, when I generate code, this error message appears: "Failed to generate code for the following templates, check problems view", template name is xmc_eschwc.tmpl, APP name is ECAT_SSC.
the Problems, Problems Detail and Console views are empty, is there some other place to look into? I exported the Collect Problem Data log files and there is this exception:

!ENTRY DAVE CE 4 0 2018-03-19 11:56:23.415
!MESSAGE

***START of Exception Info***
C:\Workspaces\DAVE-4.3-64Bit\WS_2016_09_02\XMC4800_EtherCat_CiA402%20-3\Dave\Model\APPS\ECAT_SSC\v4_0_6\Templates\Infineon_XMC_ECAT_SSC_Config.xml
sun.nio.fs.WindowsException.translateToIOException(Unknown Source)
sun.nio.fs.WindowsException.rethrowAsIOException(Unknown Source)
sun.nio.fs.WindowsException.rethrowAsIOException(Unknown Source)
sun.nio.fs.WindowsFileCopy.copy(Unknown Source)
sun.nio.fs.WindowsFileSystemProvider.copy(Unknown Source)
java.nio.file.Files.copy(Unknown Source)
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
org.codehaus.groovy.reflection.CachedMethod.invoke(CachedMethod.java:90)
groovy.lang.MetaMethod.doMethodInvoke(MetaMethod.java:324)
org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.StaticMetaMethodSite.invoke(StaticMetaMethodSite.java:43)
org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.StaticMetaMethodSite.call(StaticMetaMethodSite.java:88)
org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.CallSiteArray.defaultCall(CallSiteArray.java:45)
org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.AbstractCallSite.call(AbstractCallSite.java:108)
org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.AbstractCallSite.call(AbstractCallSite.java:120)
Model.APPS.ECAT_SSC.v4_0_6.Templates.xmc_eschwc.run(xmc_eschwc.tmpl:24)
com.ifx.davex.ce.core.codegeneration.GroovyTemplateEngine$Mywritable.writeTo(GroovyTemplateEngine.java:104)
com.ifx.davex.ce.core.codegeneration.GroovyTemplateEngine$Mywritable.toString(GroovyTemplateEngine.java:112)
com.ifx.davex.ce.core.codegeneration.CodeGenerationEngine.generateContents(CodeGenerationEngine.java:97)
com.ifx.davex.ce.core.codegeneration.FileProviderCTemplate.writeToFile(FileProviderCTemplate.java:318)
com.ifx.davex.ce.core.codegeneration.FileProviderCTemplate.generateFile(FileProviderCTemplate.java:177)
com.ifx.davex.ce.core.codegeneration.FileProviderCTemplate.provide(FileProviderCTemplate.java:97)
com.ifx.davex.ce.core.codegeneration.CodeGenerationManager.generate(CodeGenerationManager.java:520)
com.ifx.davex.ce.core.codegeneration.CodeGenerationManager.access$0(CodeGenerationManager.java:510)
com.ifx.davex.ce.core.codegeneration.CodeGenerationManager$CodeGenCallble.call(CodeGenerationManager.java:145)
java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
***END of Exception Info***

After removing the new Apps the generating error persists, but I can clean and rebuild my project.

Any idea?

Thanks.
0 Likes
2 Replies
jferreira
Employee
Employee
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins First like received
Hi,

In version 4.0.6 of the ECAT APP there was an issue concerning spaces in the project folder path.
In the log below, it seems your project path has a space character(see %20) "XMC4800_EtherCat_CiA402%20-3".
Could you try renaming your project, removing the space character?

Regards,
Jesus
0 Likes
User13948
Level 2
Level 2
First like received
Yes, that was probably the cause of my problem.
In the meantime I basically rewrote my project, starting from scratch, adding all the latest version DAVE apps and merging my code, and I was able to proceed.

Thank you very much.

Alberto
0 Likes