Angular + 3D Joystick Motion Detection:

Announcements

Measure CO2 When It Matters - Infineon’s XENSIV™ PAS CO2 now comes in SparkFun Red. Check it now!

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User14676
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked
Hi,

Although this question was asked previously by a member in this forum but no one in this forum explain the solution of it.

So, i am posting it again so that this type of configuration can be understand clearly.

The Question is:

Is TLE493D able to detect both 3D joystick position and angle rotation at a same application with only one chip and same magnet magnetization?

More specific, one joystick is placed above the sensor. When the joystick is moved to a certain position, then it is rotated. So in this application, could TLE493D be used as implementation of joystick position and angle check at the same time?

If not than what configuration can be used to achieve this type of application.

I hope the expert in this forum will be able to explain this:

Thanks in advanced.

regards,
MK
0 Likes
2 Replies
WoS
Employee
Employee
First solution authored
This question is not really related to the sensor as such. I think it is a more general questions about how magnetic fields look like around moving magnets (a general physics topic)...
The 3D sensor measures all three vectors of the B-Field at about one point, so you basically get a 3D magnetic B-field vector with certain accuracy roughly near the middle of the package.

There are kits for this purpose to learn what you can measure with 3D Hall sensors: https://www.infineon.com/cms/en/product/promopages/sensors-2go/
The available adapters will allow to explore different aspects of 3D magnetic sensing - at least for the first steps (you could then modify the magnet setup yourself on the adapter).
0 Likes
Not applicable
This is a fascinating subject. How comes this isn't well documented already? I hope you share your findings here, Moidkhan.
0 Likes