TLE493D-W2B6 enabling the wakeup feature?

Announcements

Measure CO2 When It Matters - Infineon’s XENSIV™ PAS CO2 now comes in SparkFun Red. Check it now!

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
TLE493D-W2B6

What is the correct way to calculate the wake up and configuration parity in order to enable the wakeup feature?

I am having issues placing this part into wakeup mode. The i2c user manual says for the WU register (0x0D), to enable the WU feature, the CP bit HAS to be 1 (register 0x10) and the CF bit in register 0x06 has to be read as 1.

The problem I am having is that I setup the thresholds in registers 0x07 - 0x0F and I then calculate the parity but I end up with a 0 value that is loaded into CP. If I force CP to 1 regardless, the CF is read as 0. In either condition,
the WA flag in the WU register (0x0D) shows the wake up feature is not enabled.
0 Likes
1 Solution
WoS
Employee
Employee
First solution authored
Had a quick look. Configuration parity in the W2 device has to be calculated as:
* all bits of i2c registers 0x07 to 0x0C
* 7 LSB of i2c register 0x0D (so the WU enable flag is also part of the parity)
* 6 LSB of i2c registers 0x0E and 0x0F (the MSBs of these two registers are nevertheless "00"b for this mode)
* all bits of i2c registers 0x10 (where the LSB is CP which is of course set accordingly to get the right parity result)

Then the CF flag should change to 1 (and if WU enable is set 1 the WU active flag will change to 1 as well, which means WU is activated)...

Hope it helps.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
WoS
Employee
Employee
First solution authored
Had a quick look. Configuration parity in the W2 device has to be calculated as:
* all bits of i2c registers 0x07 to 0x0C
* 7 LSB of i2c register 0x0D (so the WU enable flag is also part of the parity)
* 6 LSB of i2c registers 0x0E and 0x0F (the MSBs of these two registers are nevertheless "00"b for this mode)
* all bits of i2c registers 0x10 (where the LSB is CP which is of course set accordingly to get the right parity result)

Then the CF flag should change to 1 (and if WU enable is set 1 the WU active flag will change to 1 as well, which means WU is activated)...

Hope it helps.
0 Likes