XMC Flasher is not working

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User14606
Level 1
Level 1
Hi all,

i used the XMC flasher tool in Version 1.02 for several months, but no the tool is suddenly not working. It starts with the message "Unable to load segger dll switching to DAP".
I've already tried to reinstall the segger software package but without any success. Do somebody know how to fix this issue?

Regards,
Stefan
0 Likes
9 Replies
DRubeša
Employee
Employee
First solution authored First like received
Hi Stefan,

have you tried installing newest version of XMCFlasher tool. I took a look at Release Notes and I found something that may affect you:

Changes from previous version 1.0.4
 Fixed bug: not able to load segger DLL in 64bit OS after installing JLINK 6.16. In more recent Segger JLink
installation the JLink_x64.dll is no longer placed in the nested folder “bin_x64” but in the top level folder. Now
XMCFlasher is searching recursively in the installation folder tree.

Best regards,
Deni
0 Likes
User14606
Level 1
Level 1
Hi Deni,

yes i tried to run version 1.00, 1.02 and 1.06. All of them with the same result. And i also tried it by creating a folder called "bin_x64" and putting the "JLink_x64.dll" into it. But then nothing happens at a doubleclick on the XMCFlasher.jar.
So i still can't open the XMC Flasher...

Regards,
Stefan
0 Likes
DRubeša
Employee
Employee
First solution authored First like received
Hi Stefan,

can you please open the Command Prompt in the folder where XMC Flasher is located and type "XMCFlasher.bat -debugTool". Check can it find Segger.dll.

Best regards,
Deni
0 Likes
User14606
Level 1
Level 1
Hi Deni,

here's the output which is thrown by the command promt:

C:\Users\xxx\Infineon-XMCFlasher-GS-v01_06-EN\XMCFlasher>XMCFlasher.bat -debugTool
Feb 15, 2018 10:13:35 AM com.infineon.XMCFlasher.SeggerLibLoad configureLoad
INFORMATION: Not Found property: xmcFlasher.JLink.dllPath Searching in registry key
INFORMATION: Setting property: bridj.JLinkARM.library to: C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGGER\JLink_V622a\JLink_x64.dll
INFORMATION: Not Found property: xmcFlasher.JLink.dllPath Searching in registry key
INFORMATION: Setting property: bridj.JLinkARM.library to: C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGGER\JLink_V622a\JLink_x64.dll
Feb 15, 2018 10:13:36 AM com.infineon.XMCFlasher.SeggerDLL checkAvailabilityAndLoad
INFORMATION: Loaded JLink DLL 6.22.a
org.apache.commons.cli.ParseException: Error in parsing commad line
usage: XMCFlasher

I hope you can help me with this informations.

Thanks
Stefan
0 Likes
User11773
Level 4
Level 4
First like received First solution authored
What is the solution to this problem?
0 Likes
User11773
Level 4
Level 4
Hello out there ...
Any solution?
0 Likes
jferreira
Employee
Employee
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins First like received
Hi,

Please install Infineon Tool, https://www.infineon.com/cms/en/tools/landing/infineontoolbox.html
Launch Infineon Toolbox from Start Menu, search for XMC Flasher and install the tool.
After installation you should be able to lunch the tool.

Regards,
Jesus
0 Likes
User11773
Level 4
Level 4
Thank you, but ...
The Flasher was able to run from command line. Has this capability been removed?
We want to be able to run it from another program.
0 Likes
jferreira
Employee
Employee
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins First like received
Hi,

If you click in the Details button of XMCFlasher in Infineon Toolbox, two links will appear to access the license and release notes. Click on any of them. A windows explorer will open. If you navigate one folder up you will see the application folder where you will find the XMCFlasher.bat.
You can open a CMD Prompt in the application folder and run the XMCFlasher.bat.
4748.attach

Alternatively to XMCFlasher you could use JLink Commander (see Using J-Link Command Files section) or Infineon Memtool
These tools can be also scripted.

Regards,
Jesus
0 Likes