infineon@linkedin linkedin

infineon4engi@twitter twitter

infineon@youtube youtube

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: TLV493D returns NCK

New Member New Member aquahika is on a distinguished road

TLV493D returns NCK

Hi,

I'm using a TLV493D with a power separated by FET from microcontroller power, like Slave #1 in figure 14 of I2C interface note (https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infine...530e81c9db058c)

Sometimes my few TLVs return NCK and cannot recover even turn on/off by IO_0 pin.
    A difference between the note and my project is SCL pin is high during 200us of after power on by getting IO_0 high.

Does this SCL behavior seriously affect the I2C address setting/communication?

I'm feeling strange since many of my TLVs are successfully work but this happens with few chips beside low frequency.

Beginner Beginner
    Infineon Employee
    Infineon Employee
    berbra is on a distinguished road
    Could you please provide some more details? Sketch from: 1. of your circuitry incl. resistors/capacitors values on I2C bus. 2. Screenshot of the timing of I2C bus during configuration phase. Thanks.
    The views expressed here are my personal opinions, have not been reviewed or authorized by Infineon and do not necessarily represent the views of Infineon.

Thank you for your reply!

Here is the schematics:

Click image for larger version

Name:	TLV493D_Circuit.png
Views:	8
Size:	232.4 KB
ID:	3342

The timing of I2C bus:

Name:	35914079-44d4a6c8-0c45-11e8-8f7c-52512bf213d3.png
Views:	1
Size:	48.6 KB
ID:	3343

Also, I tried getting SCL low during the configuration phase, however, some chips still return NCK sometimes.

Name:	35913212-4b53e66a-0c42-11e8-9bd2-337ed19449cb.png
Views:	1
Size:	44.9 KB
ID:	3344

Sincerely
    Last edited by aquahika; Feb 7th, 2018 at 11:00 PM.

Beginner Beginner
    Infineon Employee
    Infineon Employee
    berbra is on a distinguished road
    Looks good. But, you should give it a try: Remove R22 and assemble R4 instead.
    The views expressed here are my personal opinions, have not been reviewed or authorized by Infineon and do not necessarily represent the views of Infineon.

Hmm...

We have already produced over a thousand units with this circuit and difficult to change parts of them from now.
    I want to try to improve it without any changes to schematics.

I found "General Reset" command that sends 0x00 to SDA but Is this effective for all time in irrespective of internal state?
    I mean, Is there any non-volatile area or register and no possibility to inhibit resetting?

Beginner Beginner
    Infineon Employee
    Infineon Employee
    WoS is on a distinguished road
    The sequence "Start - 0x00 - Stop" (which is basically sending just the general call address 0 on the i2c bus) resets the sensor at the end of the frame.

Is SDA on low on intention during start-up? The sensor captures the SDA level on power-up and reset (on TLV493D-A1B6) to change its address, this you can find in chapter 6 on the document you mentions...

+ Reply to Thread