Read Analog data and Transmit via UART in H-Bridge 2 Go Kit

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
Hi,

I am trying to read two analog channels using the ADC_Measurements APP in my H-Bridge 2 Go kit and send it via UART to my PC to debug the data. However, the ADC App seems to throw the following error when I build the project
- "GLOBAL_ADC requires XMC Peripheral Library v2.0.0 or higher"

I am using Dave Version: 4.3.2. The XMC library I am using seems to be v2.0.0 or higher as the the same check is performed in the UART app and this performs just fine . The error pops up only when I add the ADC app.
Is there an example code to read Analog channels without using Apps?

Thanks!
Rinya
0 Likes
2 Replies
DRubeša
Employee
Employee
First solution authored First like received
Hi Rinya,

could you please give me more information about your issue (which version of the ADC_MEASUREMENT APP are you using for example) or even better can you send me your project so I can see all the configuration settings (just export a project to .zip file). I´ve tried with DAVE 4.3.2 and I don´t get any issues with the ADC_MEASUREMENT APP. I can generate code and build it without issues. You can also try to do right click on the project and then "DAVE Project Update" -> "APPs Upgrade" just to see if maybe you use outdated version of it. Additionally to reply to your question, take a look at "Examples" folder inside XMCLibs (XMCLibs Download Link). You can find some examples under VADC module (that´s the name for our ADC module inside in XMC products). When you download newest XMCLibs on this link you may also try to copy ADC related files and paste them instead the ones your current project is using. Maybe this way, APP will detected that XMCLib higher than v2.0.0 is used.

Best regards;
Deni
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi Deni,

The normal check for App updates (Help>> Check for DAVE App update) did not work. Right click on the project and then "DAVE Project Update" -> "APPs Upgrade" did the trick. It works just fine now . Thanks !

Best Regards,
Rinya
0 Likes