[SOLVED] eval board for LIN protocol -> Automotive

Announcements

Webinar: Integrated solutions for smaller, simpler low-voltage motor control design.
Join the webinar to experience!

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
Hi
could some one please point me to an IFX eval board which has lin on it? Ideally with some LIN demo software projects?
Thx
0 Likes
4 Replies
Not applicable
If you are using TLE9879 Eval board, you can find LIN demo code in Keil Micro vision 5 >>Pack Installer>>Example code. 🙂

Then download, build and run.

Reg
sourav
0 Likes
User14639
Level 1
Level 1
5 replies posted Welcome! First question asked
Hello
I download that demo-code and compile ...
But maybe I do faulty things?

I use TLE9879 Eval Board and source it with the USB voltage, to run the demo I disabled the "Supply Prewaning enable" Interrupt.
I've connect another TLE9879 board with the Slave demo on LIN Bus.

But there is no communication on the LIN Bus even I wrote direkt a Byte ( "lin_hal_tx_byte(0xD3)" ) on LIN Bus I can see this only on the UART1 TX Pin (P0.1).
I've anyone an answer why?

Thanks for help
0 Likes
Mc-Key
Employee
Employee
Welcome!
Hi MRE,
The USB voltage is not sufficient to supply the TLE9879.
The minimum supply voltage is 5.5V at the VS PIN, related to the Datasheet parameter P_1.2.1.

I recommend to supply the board with 12V-13.5V.

Best Regards,
M.K.
0 Likes
User14639
Level 1
Level 1
5 replies posted Welcome! First question asked
Thanks a lot.
Yeah who can read have an Advantage ...

With 7,2V on the Banana Plug of the Evalboard it is working fine. There is a lot of voltage drop to the MCU which I have ignored.
And I believed that the minimum supply Voltage isn't so hard, but it is especially for the LIN Transceiver. Most of the MCU will also work with a lower voltage.

But at the end all is good thanks for your answer.

Regards
MRE
0 Likes