[SOLVED] TLE9879 Eval Kit Bridge drive Not Functioning

Announcements

Webinar: Integrated solutions for smaller, simpler low-voltage motor control design.
Join the webinar to experience!

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
Dear all,
In tle987 Eval Kit, I generate PWM using CCU6 and check the output in the Pins P0.x & P1.x and it functions Ok.
But when allow the PWM to connect with Bridge Drive(BRDV), I do not see any PWM at MOSFET gates.

For this, I have the following program where I wanted to check the PWM at GH1(High side MOSFET1) and it is not available but at Pin 0.4 it is available.

checking the GH1 with an oscilloscope
2954.attach
Screen shot in debug mode
2955.attach

please find the code here
https://drive.google.com/drive/u/1/folders/0B2_FEYC6LFZbcWxsMmVxakdvcms

Reg
sourav
0 Likes
6 Replies
Mc-Key
Employee
Employee
Welcome!
Dear Litun,

to activate the Bridgedriver you have to enable the Chargepump and all driver stages have to be switched to PWM mode.

The Chargepump can be activated in the ConfigWizard:
2958.attach

Another option is to set the Register directly:
BDRV->CP_CTRL_STS.bit.CP_EN = 1u;

The driver stages can be switched to PWM mode, using the user API:
BDRV_Set_Bridge(Ch_PWM,Ch_PWM,Ch_PWM,Ch_PWM,Ch_PWM,Ch_PWM);

The CCU6 signals are assigned to dedicated driver stages.
CC60 is connected to GH1.
CC61 is connected to GH2.
CC62 is connected to GH3.
COUT60 is connected to GL1.
COUT61 is connected to GL2.
COUT62 is connected to GL3.

In the CCU6->MODCTR.bit.T12MODEN Bitfield, you can select which PWM Signal should be enabled.

If you want to use GH1 only, you should configurate the bitfield like:
CCU6->MODCTR.bit.T12MODEN = (0x1u & 0x3Fu); //6 BIT BITFIELD only CC60 activated

Best Regards,
M.K.
0 Likes
Not applicable
Dear M.K,
Thank you very much for your quick reply.
If you check the code in the link, I had enabled the charge pump.
But as you told again, I had checked the same with charge pump enabled, but I don't see any PWM at the gate of GH1.(And PWM is available pin P0.4 .)

2960.attach
Also I have made CCU6->MODCTR.bit.T12MODEN = (0x1u & 0x3Fu); //6 BIT BITFIELD only CC60 activated.
With this code, my intention is to check whether the Bridge Drive MOSFETs are functioning or not.

Also, I have checked on Pin no. 9 which is GH1 (TLE9879 VQFN-48 chip in on the Eval kit) and there is no signal is coming.
I suspect there is some internal pre-driver problem in the chip. Please confirm.

Please reply....
0 Likes
Mc-Key
Employee
Employee
Welcome!
Hi,
I cannot access your link. (Company Firewall)
Did you set the Driver to PWM Mode?
BDRV_Set_Bridge(Ch_PWM,Ch_PWM,Ch_PWM,Ch_PWM,Ch_PWM ,Ch_PWM);

Best Regards,
M.K.
0 Likes
Not applicable
Thanks again,
Yes, after setting the PWM, I enable the driver by BDRV_Set_Bridge(Ch_Off,Ch_PWM,Ch_Off,Ch_Off,Ch_Off ,Ch_Off);(Here just to check one MOSFET, GH1)

I have also checked with the complete driver on by BDRV_Set_Bridge(Ch_PWM,Ch_PWM,Ch_PWM,Ch_PWM,Ch_PWM ,Ch_PWM). But I do not see any PWM at the GATE terminals and so as on TLE9879 VQFN-48 chip respective legs.

2961.attach

I look forward to hearing from you.....Thanks

Reg
sourav
0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Mc-Key
Employee
Employee
Welcome!
Hi,
I created a small project, which generates a PWM Signal on GH1:

If your Hardware is fully functional the program generates a 20kHz, 50% dutycycle PWM Signal on GH1.
Here is a scopeshot, how it looks like:

2969.attach

Channel 1 (blue) : GH1 Signal
Channel 2 (red) : CC60 Signal at P0.4

If your Bridgedriver still does not work, your board is probably damaged.

Best Regards,
M.K.
0 Likes
Not applicable
It is confirmed that my chip is damaged.
I do not know how it is possible because I was working on PWM communication program and then when I tried the program for bldc motor it was not moving.
By the way, it is very difficult to identify that chip has been damaged because it works for all other peripheral except Bridge Drive.
0 Likes