infineon@linkedin linkedin

infineon4engi@twitter twitter

infineon@youtube youtube

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: XMC1100-configure analog-digital converter

anto is on a distinguished road
    Hi Jan,

sorry for delay in my answer, thank you for your support. SW works fine now.

Ragards,
    Anto

anto is on a distinguished road
    Hello to everybody!
    In these last month an APP for XMC1100 A/D was released. It works and I use it from a lot of times. I experience some data instability triggering a DC value, I found a problem in post-calibration, so I disable it.
    Recently (23/8) an official A/D issue was reported on the use of SW calibration instead of HW. I would like to implement this SW calibration but I don't understood somethings. This is the workaround:

After the startup calibration, disable postcalibration for all groups and replace this by the following software calibration routine:
    •Clear the offset calibration value
    •Convert channel CH31 (this is VAREF)
    •If the result is below 0xFFF, decrease the gain calibration value:
    LOCi = LOCi + 0x00008000 - 1,
    otherwise increase it:
    LOCi = LOCi + 0x00008000 + 1.
    The memory address of LOCi (i = 0 - 1) are:
    480340C0H for group 0 (i = 0),
    480340C4H for group 1 (i = 1).

I'm not able to identify "Convert channel CH31 (this is VAREF)".
    Any idea?

Regards,
    Anto

Infineon Employee
    Infineon Employee
    Expert
    Arno is on a distinguished road
    Hi Anto,

thank you for the positive feedback about the ADC APP.
    The workaround about software calibration was added to XMC1100 by mistake. It is only feasible with XMC1200 and XMC1300 families.
    Of course you could connect an ADC input pin to a reference voltage (e.g. supply voltage) and run the workaround as described. Then it is not channel 31, but the selected input channel, which is to be used.

Best Regards,
    Arno
    The views expressed here are my personal opinions, have not been reviewed or authorized by Infineon and do not necessarily represent the views of Infineon.

Intermediate Intermediate Trony is on a distinguished road
    I do not understand the "otherwise" path...

If the result is below 0xFFF, decrease the gain calibration value:
    LOCi = LOCi + 0x00008000 - 1,
    otherwise increase it:
    LOCi = LOCi + 0x00008000 + 1.
    How could the result ever get bigger than 0xFFF?
    No matter how big the gain is, the ADC has 12bit and therefor a max. value of 4095.

I tried it with a 4096mV external ref on channel 0.
    It works untill it reaches 0xFFF.
    I didn't ever get a value greater than 0xFFF on channel 0.

Thanks for help.

Michael

Infineon Employee
    Infineon Employee
    Expert
    Arno is on a distinguished road
    I think, we should read 0xFFF as 0xFFE in order to allow the calibration loop to adjust.
    As a result we should scale the voltage to 0xFFE full scale.

Best regards,
    Arno
    The views expressed here are my personal opinions, have not been reviewed or authorized by Infineon and do not necessarily represent the views of Infineon.

Infineon Employee
    Infineon Employee
    MaxECU is on a distinguished road
    Many thanks for this post, I was also able to use the ADC!

Beginner Beginner ADCGuy is on a distinguished road
    Hi Arno,

I am working on, XMC4700 evaluation KIT. I am working on ADC Module.

How to drive the VAREF to 2.5 volts?

As of now, I am trying to connect external voltage measuring 2.5 volts to VAREF, so that I can use 2.5 volts as standard reference voltage.
    Its not taking voltage I am supplying to VAREF, instead 3.3 v default voltage is considering.

Need guidence.

Regards,
    ADCG

Beginner Beginner arwinder1993 is on a distinguished road
    Can u tell me how this value is calculated ?
    *((int*)0x480340E0) = 0x80008000;

Advanced Advanced
    Infineon Employee
    Infineon Employee
    DRubeša will become famous soon enough
    Hi,

That register address and value is given in XMC1100 AA-Step Errata Sheet page 9/35 (XMC1100-AA Errata Sheet).

Click image for larger version

Name:	offset.PNG
Views:	0
Size:	22.4 KB
ID:	3432

Best regards,
    Deni

+ Reply to Thread
Disclaimer

All content and materials on this site are provided “as is“. Infineon makes no warranties or representations with regard to this content and these materials of any kind, whether express or implied, including without limitation, warranties or representations of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement of any third party intellectual property right. No license, whether express or implied, is granted by Infineon. Use of the information on this site may require a license from a third party, or a license from Infineon.

Infineon accepts no liability for the content and materials on this site being accurate, complete or up- to-date or for the contents of external links. Infineon distances itself expressly from the contents of the linked pages, over the structure of which Infineon has no control.

Content on this site may contain or be subject to specific guidelines or limitations on use. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Usage Terms of the site; third parties using this content agree to abide by any limitations or guidelines and to comply with the Usage Terms of this site. Infineon reserves the right to make corrections, deletions, modifications, enhancements, improvements and other changes to the content and materials, its products, programs and services at any time or to move or discontinue any content, products, programs, or services without notice.