DAVE configure SPI in a way that keeps the CS-line low within a frame.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User14334
Level 1
Level 1
Hello there,
I am currently trying to get my XMC4500 talking so an SPI-slave. Pin setup worked fine, but if I try to transmit a frame of 32 bits consisting of 8-bit words, the chip select line goes to low for each of the bytes but raises back to high between the bytes. The slave does not respond to this, so I need the CS-line on a logic high between the words. I found this archived forum thread:
https://www.infineonforums.com/archive/index.php/t-610.html?
It is apparently referring to a quite ancient version of DAVE. The current DAVE apps feature none of the mentioned methods. Here's my SPI_MASTER configuration:

Full Duplex Mode, 5KHz bus speed, no parity, direct transmit mode, Frame end mode enabled with 8-bit words and 32-bit frames,no FIFO enabled.

I use Dave's SPI_MASTER_Transfer method to send bytes to the slave.
I'd highly appreciate any help.
Thanks a lot in advance
Lukas
0 Likes
1 Reply
DRubeša
Employee
Employee
First solution authored First like received
Hi Lukas,

you should also check SPI_CONFIG APP especially "Keep the Slave Select signal active after a frame has been transmitted" under "General" tab. This will call "XMC_SPI_CH_EnableFEM(channel)" function, so this is maybe also an option for you: use SPI_MASTER APP and add additionally this function call after "DAVE_Init" function call.

Best regards,
Deni

P.S. I saw you set already FEM bit with your APP example...but yes, it should hold CS level high after frames and you need the CS high between words in a frame...hmm let me think about it 🙂
0 Likes