TLE4997 linear hall sensor source code

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
Hey guys.

I'm using TLE4997 in one of my projects and I only get voltages from 2-3V. I want to get full 0-5V scale and it looks like I will need to program it according to the programming protocol.
Is there a source code available for this? The protocol is not that hard, but i'd rather avoid reinventing the wheel if possible. TLE programmer is a bit pricey.

Thanks!
0 Likes
1 Reply
WoS
Employee
Employee
First solution authored
I suppose you refer to this programming description:
https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-TLE4997-UM-v01_00-EN.pdf?fileId=5546d4625d5945ed015d9e2be0955...

Agreed, the problem is not at all the few lines of code required, but to create the electrical interface properly - as shown e.g. on pg. 8...10 of this doc.
So w/o specifiying the HW on which the source code has to work on (to generate this waveforms), there will be not really an answer to this question.

Please note, you need to generate some (higher) voltages for this task. You can't just take an XMC boot kit or whatever uC generic board is out there, compile the software and you are done.
And I'd expect even if there is a way to get the source code, it takes probably longer to modify and replacing the HW specific parts than just writing a new one which fits to the specific HW and (PC) interface.

So getting the programmer is just avoiding reinventing the wheel, not only for the SW part, but also on HW side...

By the way, you can also check out any generic programming tool like the GALEP (just to name one), as I remember these people still offer the support to add devices for their tool (under certain conditions, pls. check with the supplier of such a tool beforehand, also if it is capable to do so).
0 Likes