Problem by using DAVE3 for XMC4500

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
hi,

the first Problem happend when i click the generate code buttom of ''solve and re-generate code''. It says ''Resource mapping failed, please Review the user defined constraints.''. Then i have used the ''Re-generate code without invoking solver''. But the Debug still not work. I tried to make the new configuration for Debugger. it says Program does not exist. So i have copied the .elf file from the earlier Vision of my Project to my current projekt.The debug works.
But now, when i click UIEditor of every added Apps in this Project. it says ''Specified UI Model file is invalid/dose not exist.
2925.attach
the error blog Looks like this now:
2924.attach

what should i do now.

Must i delete all my apps and add them and configurate them again one after another?

If i delete the generated DAVE Folder, will it be generated again? is it bad to do so?

how can the .elf file be generated? it helps not if i copy it from a similar Project. because if i do the debug again. it will be delete automatically.

best regards.
0 Likes
5 Replies
Not applicable
can anyone help????
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi,

another question here.

I want to use the function 'CAN001_lAllocateMOtoNodeList' in my own can.c file. But it is already defined as 'static void' in 'CAN001.c'. I tried to remove 'static' and declare it just as 'void' in 'CAN001.h'. But somehow, every time after new code generation. It would be changed BACK! and then I get the error ''undefined reference....''.

what can I do to save the changing?

Best regards
0 Likes
DRubeša
Employee
Employee
First solution authored First like received
Hi,

I guess I may have an idea for you. First of all I would recommend to migrate to DAVE version 4 while it´s plain and simple much better. BUT, if your circumstances don´t allow you that then read on. Go into your project and open the "CAN001.c" file located under "Dave/Model/CAN001/1.0.12/Templates/". Then search for "CAN001_lAllocateMOtoNodeList". Then where you see the function declaration and prototype, just remove "static" keyword before "void" and generate code again. If you check now CAN001.c file you can see that effectively we changed generated .c file.

Regards,
Deni
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi Deni,

thank u very much for your reply!
You mean the file '' CAN001c.jet'' under "Dave/Model/CAN001/1.0.12/Templates/"? I have done that and it works!
Need to remove the declaration from '' CAN001c.jet'' to ''CAN001.hdt''. Otherwise will get the warning 'implicit declaration of function....'

thanks again!
Best Regards,
Celia
0 Likes
DRubeša
Employee
Employee
First solution authored First like received
Hi Celia,

yes, exactly 🙂 "CAN001c.jet" instead "CAN001.c" file.
Glad I could help you.

Regards;
Deni
0 Likes