Bluetooth Control

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User14143
Level 1
Level 1
Hi

I just tried to use my phone (Samsung Galaxy S4, Android 5.0.1) for flying the Larix copter. The app installed without problems.

When I switch on the copter, I see a bluetooth-device named "RNBT-D13D" or "RNBT-CEFF", which is probably just some generic name of the BT-module. The app obviously wants something called "XMC-Bluetooth".

Do I have to make some special settings in cleanflight? Or more generally, are there some written guidelines on getting the control via bluetooth to work?

A while ago I flew the flyingPCB (pre-cleanflight) using the phone, which worked fine. Has the bluetooth-code actually been ported to cleanflight or do I need another special version?

Regards,
Michael
0 Likes
3 Replies
Not applicable
Hi,

seems like the BT-Module on the Larix is not Configured in the right way.

For configuring the RN-42 Module please pair your Laptop via BT with the module (2 new COM-Ports should show up). Use a Terminal Program (e.g. HTerm) and connect to the COM Port with the lower number (Baudrate: 115200; Databits:8; Stopbit:1; Paity: none).
Send the characters "$$$" wit the input control to enter the command mode of the module (Send on enter: None). Attention in default mode it is just possible to enter the command mode in the first 60 seconds after power-up. Entering the command mode is shown by receiving "CMD".
Change send on enter to "CR" in HTerm and enter the following commands (press enter after each command). Valid commands return a "AOK" response.

SE,1 (enables encryption)
SM,0 (sets mode to slave)
SA,1 (enables authentication)
SL,N (parity bit = none)
SJ,0800 (sets time for enabling page scan)
SI,0800 (sets time for enabling inquiry scan)
SN,XMC-Bluetooth (sets name of module)
SU,11 (sets baudrate to 115200)

Send "---" to end the command mode and return to data mode. Remove power connection to restart the module.

Then the setup should be finished.

Also make sure to use the latest Android App Version. Attached you can find the latest APK.

Regards
Raffael
0 Likes
User14143
Level 1
Level 1
Ok, it seems to work now. In addition to the above settings, you also have to switch the UART in cleanflight to UART1.

For reference:
Configuration > Receiver:
Serial-based
Spektrum2048

Ports:
enable "Serial Rx"
on UART1 for bluetooth
on UART2 for regular Spektrum receiver

I don't know if you can have both enabled at the same time, but it probably isn't the best idea anyway.

Regards,
Michael
0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
siegfried
Employee
Employee
Hi Michael, correct.

There is one additional topic I found:
If in Cleanflight in the tab "Receiver" the value for "Stick Min" is to low (in my case it is 1147) it is not possible to arm with Bluetooth app. Attached you find the Configuration File and the Cleanflight CLI File.

Best

Siegfried
0 Likes