infineon@linkedin linkedin

infineon4engi@twitter twitter

infineon@youtube youtube

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bluetooth Control

New Member New Member michael.frangenberg is on a distinguished road

Bluetooth Control

Hi

I just tried to use my phone (Samsung Galaxy S4, Android 5.0.1) for flying the Larix copter. The app installed without problems.

When I switch on the copter, I see a bluetooth-device named "RNBT-D13D" or "RNBT-CEFF", which is probably just some generic name of the BT-module. The app obviously wants something called "XMC-Bluetooth".

Do I have to make some special settings in cleanflight? Or more generally, are there some written guidelines on getting the control via bluetooth to work?

A while ago I flew the flyingPCB (pre-cleanflight) using the phone, which worked fine. Has the bluetooth-code actually been ported to cleanflight or do I need another special version?

Regards,
    Michael

New Member New Member
    Infineon Employee
    Infineon Employee
    Raffael is on a distinguished road
    Hi,

seems like the BT-Module on the Larix is not Configured in the right way.

For configuring the RN-42 Module please pair your Laptop via BT with the module (2 new COM-Ports should show up). Use a Terminal Program (e.g. HTerm) and connect to the COM Port with the lower number (Baudrate: 115200; Databits:8; Stopbit:1; Paity: none).
    Send the characters "$$$" wit the input control to enter the command mode of the module (Send on enter: None). Attention in default mode it is just possible to enter the command mode in the first 60 seconds after power-up. Entering the command mode is shown by receiving "CMD".
    Change send on enter to "CR" in HTerm and enter the following commands (press enter after each command). Valid commands return a "AOK" response.

SE,1 (enables encryption)
    SM,0 (sets mode to slave)
    SA,1 (enables authentication)
    SL,N (parity bit = none)
    SJ,0800 (sets time for enabling page scan)
    SI,0800 (sets time for enabling inquiry scan)
    SN,XMC-Bluetooth (sets name of module)
    SU,11 (sets baudrate to 115200)

Send "---" to end the command mode and return to data mode. Remove power connection to restart the module.

Then the setup should be finished.

Also make sure to use the latest Android App Version. Attached you can find the latest APK.

Regards
    Raffael
    ?????
    The views expressed here are my personal opinions, have not been reviewed or authorized by Infineon and do not necessarily represent the views of Infineon.

New Member New Member michael.frangenberg is on a distinguished road
    Ok, it seems to work now. In addition to the above settings, you also have to switch the UART in cleanflight to UART1.

For reference:
    Configuration > Receiver:
    Serial-based
    Spektrum2048

Ports:
    enable "Serial Rx"
    on UART1 for bluetooth
    on UART2 for regular Spektrum receiver

I don't know if you can have both enabled at the same time, but it probably isn't the best idea anyway.

Regards,
    Michael

Beginner Beginner
    Infineon Employee
    Infineon Employee
    siegfried is on a distinguished road
    Hi Michael, correct.

There is one additional topic I found:
    If in Cleanflight in the tab "Receiver" the value for "Stick Min" is to low (in my case it is 1147) it is not possible to arm with Bluetooth app. Attached you find the Configuration File and the Cleanflight CLI File.

Best

Siegfried
    The views expressed here are my personal opinions, have not been reviewed or authorized by Infineon and do not necessarily represent the views of Infineon.

+ Reply to Thread
Disclaimer

All content and materials on this site are provided “as is“. Infineon makes no warranties or representations with regard to this content and these materials of any kind, whether express or implied, including without limitation, warranties or representations of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement of any third party intellectual property right. No license, whether express or implied, is granted by Infineon. Use of the information on this site may require a license from a third party, or a license from Infineon.

Infineon accepts no liability for the content and materials on this site being accurate, complete or up- to-date or for the contents of external links. Infineon distances itself expressly from the contents of the linked pages, over the structure of which Infineon has no control.

Content on this site may contain or be subject to specific guidelines or limitations on use. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Usage Terms of the site; third parties using this content agree to abide by any limitations or guidelines and to comply with the Usage Terms of this site. Infineon reserves the right to make corrections, deletions, modifications, enhancements, improvements and other changes to the content and materials, its products, programs and services at any time or to move or discontinue any content, products, programs, or services without notice.