Beginner: UART Application - XMC 1300 Boot Kit

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
Hi Infineon,

i just started with the xmc 1300. Using the UART Example with Apps I wrote a small example code.

uint8_t init_data[] = "HELLO\r\n";
uint8_t read_data_s[10];

UART_Transmit(&UART_0, init_data, sizeof(init_data));
while(UART_IsTxBusy(&UART_0)){};
UART_Receive(&UART_0, read_data_s,10);

The IsTxBusy stays true forever.
Is this normal? API feels very non intuitive.

Regards max
0 Likes
1 Reply
DRubeša
Employee
Employee
First solution authored First like received
Hi Max,

so I would suggest you the following. It´s pretty hard to know what is the issue while I don´t know what settings are you using in UART APP (which mode are you using: Direct/Interrupt/DMA, do you use FIFO buffers or not, have you connect the TX and RX pin to one that are used by the COM port on your board and so on). So, I would suggest to take the UART_EXAMPLE_XMC45 from the DAVE Project Library Manager. It should be easy enough to adjust the example to your board. You need to select proper TX and RX pins (that you can find in Board Manual for your board) and select USIC channel that is connected to those pins. You should open the accompanying .pdf document and see how it should be used (be aware that instructions are made for XMC4500 board, so minor tweaks here and there are expected). That example should provide basic information how to use UART APP. Additionally, when you right click on the UART APP in "APP Dependancy" window, select "APP Help". There you can find description behind every option and you can find additional example under "Usage" subsection.

Good luck with the examples and best regards,
Deni
0 Likes