DMA on XMC43 ?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
Hi,

Has anyone tried the Infineon DAVE example program, for DMA ?
Specifically, DMA_FLASH_SRAM_XMC45

It seems basically to be a memcpy implementation via DMA.

But unfortunately, it doesn’t seem to work, as stands. No memory data copying would appear to commence, with first line below. And second line below hangs.

DMA_CH_Enable(&DMA_CH_0);
while(DMA_CH_IsEnabled(&DMA_CH_0));

I have an XMC4300, not an XMC4500, so maybe that is why

I’ve got everything setup, per the example PDF. But no luck.

I then tried changing a few things, to see if any made it spark into life.
But same results, unfortunately.

Here's what I tried:

In DMA_CH_0 APP settings, on first tab, I tried dropping burst width from 8 word maximum, to 1 word.

Second tab defaults to all unchecked. But second tab seems to be about interrupts, whereas example polls for completion, so I guess second page unrelated.

I looked on these Infineon forums, but couldn’t immediately spot anything relevant.

I’m just trying to make use of DMA, for zeroing a large uint32_t RAM array, which I have a need to do, from time to time.

So I’ve tried zeroing first uint32_t of the array, then starting a DMA copying first to second, and proceeding to array end. In other words, RAM-to-RAM.

I’ve also tried a const uint32_t Zero, which obviously will be in Flash, and will have default initial value 0. And then changing source address counter mode from Increment to No change. Then starting DMA copying Zero to the array. In other words, Flash-to-RAM.

Same results for both though. No copying starts. And complete check hangs.

I also tried again, with 0x12345678 instead of 0 as start value. Same results.

I bet there's some other obvious thing I'm overlooking. Like, some overall DMA enable/disable or something.

Any ideas folks ?

Best regards,

David
0 Likes
1 Reply
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
jferreira
Employee
Employee
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins First like received
Hi David,

See attached project.

Regards,
Jesus
0 Likes