Cannot change BMI on XMC1200 Boot Kit, ERROR: Could not connect to target

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
When I try to get BMI from Dave 4.3.2 I got error: "BMI value cannot be read, this due to timeout value is too short for the BMI tool to read the BMI value. Or the BMI value set to another channel and not the present connected channel".
I am sure that I did not change BMI to productive mode and the USB power is enough for XMC1200. DBG LED on board is on.
I tried to change BMI with Memtool but without success - error in connection.
What can be the problem , please help?
0 Likes
4 Replies
User8683
Level 4
Level 4
First like received
I always hit problems with the bootstrap loader and related software as it is poorly designed with no intelligent feedback. Try getting the infineon memtool and use it. It is also poor software but may give a bit more detail. Make sure you are connecting within 5 seconds of the power being tuned on.
0 Likes
jferreira
Employee
Employee
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins First like received
Hi,

Did you change the BMI previously? Maybe to a channel1, i.e. SWD1 or SPD1, these pins are not connected to on board debugger.

Regards,
Jesus
0 Likes
Not applicable
Thanks jferrreira, yes I think that I changed to SPD, but how to get back to SWD?
0 Likes
Not applicable
Thanks longtimer, I tried the memtool but without success, it seems that HMC1200 is in state that isn't support in memtool.
0 Likes