I2C Master App fails with two instances

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User11706
Level 2
Level 2
Hello,

I use Dave 4.3.2 with a XMC4500 Relax Kit.
On my project I need 2 (two) I2C busses,

So I made 2 instances of I2C MASTER App

But once I Generate code, I have subsequent compiler warnings :

E:/Workspaces/SW V-Sensor/VSensI2C/Dave/Generated/I2C_MASTER/i2c_master_conf.h:69:0: warning: "I2C_MASTER_TX_IRQN" redefined
E:/Workspaces/SW V-Sensor/VSensI2C/Dave/Generated/I2C_MASTER/i2c_master_conf.h:70:0: warning: "I2C_MASTER_RX_IRQN" redefined

2898.attach

I know these are only warnings, but they are really frightening since these #define are used in Clear Interrupts methods.
I see there is a "Enable multi-master" checkbox in the I2C_MASTER Parameters interface, but it seems useless here.
It really looks like a miss in the template files.

How can I solve the issue ?

Thanks for your support

Jorge
0 Likes
4 Replies
DRubeša
Employee
Employee
First solution authored First like received
Hi Jorge,

yes, you´re right. The template file is wrong and this will be fixed with the newest update. Newest update should be there at the end of month and until then you can try using other I2C options except Interrupt + FIFO buffer mode (only in that case "I2C_MASTER_TX_IRQN" macro is used, so with all other options you should be perfectly safe).

Regards,
Deni
0 Likes
Rodrigo_RT
Level 4
Level 4
50 sign-ins 10 likes given 25 replies posted
Hello drubesa

When the update will be available. because I'm having a lot of problems in my project, I really need I2C, and I've tried to use I2C anyway and it's not working. I already used a log analyzer to see what the error was.

I am looking forward to this update

See you later.
0 Likes
User13232
Level 1
Level 1
Welcome! First reply posted
Hello,

as far as I'm facing the same problem I want to ask when / how this bug is fixed?

Best regards
Gerhard
0 Likes
DRubeša
Employee
Employee
First solution authored First like received
Hi,

so this issue has been solved for some time now. Currently we are on the 4.1.26 version of I2C_MASTER APP. If you´re using some older version, I would suggest update to the newest one. You can do either "Help" -> "Check for DAVE APP Updates", or you can update only APP used by your current project by right clicking on the project name and then "DAVE Project Upgrade" -> "APPs Upgrade".

Best regards,
Deni
0 Likes