USBVC001_Example1 XMC4500 - USB virtual com demo

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
Hello,

I'm running USBVC001_Example1 on XMC 4500 Relax Kit. Connecting X3 (micro USB) connector to PC USB port, Win7 doesn't recognize the USB XMC4500. (it see something such as "Infineon modem"). Such drivers for Win7/WinXP can be find somewhere?

Thank you.
0 Likes
14 Replies
Not applicable
Hi Christian,

There is a *.inf file in the folder "Dave\Generated\src\USBVC001\INF\"
You need to install this *.inf file into your Windows in order to recognize the device as Virtual COM Port.
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi Jackson,

Thank you, I found the drivers but I'm using WIN7 64 bit and those drivers doesn't fit. I'll try to find somewhere else WIN XP just only to test if it's working. I didn't find in USBVC001_Example1 details such as baud-rate, etc.
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi Christian,

If you look into the apps documentation (Help -> Help Content -> DAVE Apps -> USBVC001), under "API Documentation" you could find an API called USBVC001_GetLineEncoding().
This API allows you to get the serial port details such as Baudrate, number of stop bit, Parity type and Databits.
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi Jackson,

The application is working nice under Win XP.
Thank you.
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi Jackson,

I have the same problem like Christian. I'm using Windows 7 (64Bit) and tried to install the inf-file. But it doesn't work. Is there any other driver, which can be used for WIN7 (64Bit) ?
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hello

It works fine for me on Win7 64bit. I've also tried Win7 32 bit. I don't think that there are any other drivers.
0 Likes
Not applicable
I'm running USBVC001_Example1 on XMC 4500 Relax Kit. Connected X3 (micro USB) connector to PC USB port, Tried to install Infineon_CDC_Driver.inf as provided in generate folder on my Windows XP (SP3) PC. After installation i get following message.
The following hardware was installed:
Communication Port
The software for this device is now installed, but may not work correctly.
This device cannot start. (Code 10)
Kindly suggest solution.
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi,

Maybe you can try reinstall the driver again?
or
plugged-in to your PC first then reset the device with the reset button.
Then see if the device is able to enumerate or not..

rgds,
Rou
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi Mahesh,

I just realise the example I download from the DAVE Portal is called USBVC001_VCOMSerial_Example1.
This is the same example as your?
If not, you can download at: http://www.infineon.com/cms/en/product/promopages/aim-mc/dave_downloads.html
Look for USBVC001 example and try with this example project.
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi Jackson,

I tried "USBVC001_VCOMSerial_Example1"
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi Mahesh,

This example not working for you as well?
I don't have PC with WinXP at the moment so I can't test it out.
But this example is working well with Relax Kit on Win 7 PC.
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi Jackson,

"I just realise the example I download from the DAVE Portal is called USBVC001_VCOMSerial_Example1.
This is the same example as your?"
yes i am using same example. but this example is built for XMC4500 hexagonal board. It was not allowing to change the microcontroller on MCU selection page to XMC4500-F100x1024 which is the one on XM4500 relax kit. Hence i created new DAVE project and used USBVC app.
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi Mahesh,

Do you have Win 7 PC that you can use it for a try?
The USBVC001 [1.0.16] app is running fine on the relax kit when connected to Win 7 PC.
0 Likes
Not applicable
I tried to install the inf (..DAve\generated...) file on Win 7-32 and failed with error code 10. I do many installs and uninstalls. What went wrong? Any idea? Thanks.

Problem solved
0 Likes