Btn8962

Announcements

From sunburn to sun earn – we’ve got the power! Watch our #poweringgreen videos now.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
Hi,

I'm trying to read the IS pin with atmega and stop any PWM or disable high side of my H bridge. To simulate a fault i'm shorting high side and low side while the H bridge is driving my motor. I have 1k pull down resistor connected to IS pin. Using an oscilloscope to catch any changes of IS pin... no matter how long i'm shorting high side and low side the IS pin remains logic LOW.

Heating up to 50 degrees with a hair dryer i can get 5v out of the IS pin.

Dstasheet says that BTN has protection for short circuit ... Is this true? If yes... Any suggestions to simulate this?
0 Likes
1 Reply
JingN
First like received First solution authored 25 replies posted
If I understand it correctly, you use a H-bridge to drive the motor. To test the short circuit protection, you connected outputs of two BTN8962TA without motor in between? Or you connect output to GND when high-side is switched on, and connect output to VS when low-side is switched on?

We do have short circuit protection feature integrated. When short circuit happens, the switch will be deactivated and the other switch will be activated for tCLS. After tCLS the switches return to their initial setting. And the error signal at the IS pin is reset after 2*tCLS.

Please find the detailed information in chapter 5.3.3 and 5.3.4 in our datasheet:
https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-BTN8982TA-DS-v01_00-EN.pdf?fileId=db3a30433fa9412f013fbe32289...
0 Likes