FS25R12W1T4 IGBT module is not working .

Announcements

From sunburn to sun earn – we’ve got the power! Watch our #poweringgreen videos now.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
I am driving FS25R12W1T4 with gate driver 6ED003L02. The gate driver is working fine. It is enhancing the 5V PWM signal to 15V but the IGBTs are not getting on with this PWM signal.
I have attached the circuit of IGBT module. I didn't apply any signal to T1 and T2 . can you tell me what is T1 and T2 in this diagram.
0 Likes
1 Solution
Guru_Prasad
250 replies posted 100 solutions authored 25 likes received

Hello @User270 

Thanks for posting the question in Infineon community

The Gate driver is proving 15V PWM to IGBT still it is Turned ON then the below possible reasons would help for your design

1)Please check the connection for IGBT, Gate Driver and Gate resistor 

2)The Current capability of Gate driver and Gate resistor value need be checked. proper gate resistor will give better results. 

3)The proper PWMs for upper and IGBT, make sure same PWM cannot be provided

4)Please check your frequency of PWM also 

5)Make sure your gate driver supply will provide enough current to Driver IC

Thanks

Guru Prasad

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
User270
Level 5
Level 5
5 solutions authored First solution authored
The component T1-T2 is a NTC element you can use to estimate the temperature of the IGBTs of the module. What are the values of the components shown in the attached picture of the 6ED003L02? What is the frequency of the PWM?
2888.attach
0 Likes
Guru_Prasad
250 replies posted 100 solutions authored 25 likes received

Hello @User270 

Thanks for posting the question in Infineon community

The Gate driver is proving 15V PWM to IGBT still it is Turned ON then the below possible reasons would help for your design

1)Please check the connection for IGBT, Gate Driver and Gate resistor 

2)The Current capability of Gate driver and Gate resistor value need be checked. proper gate resistor will give better results. 

3)The proper PWMs for upper and IGBT, make sure same PWM cannot be provided

4)Please check your frequency of PWM also 

5)Make sure your gate driver supply will provide enough current to Driver IC

Thanks

Guru Prasad

0 Likes